Laura Trott

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
His left calf is West Staines, his right calf East Staines...
and they're both massive!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
WOW what a ride that was in the scratch race, truly amazing. She is such a legend, 6 world champ golds already and still so young, she'll surely beat Wiggo's overall Olympic haul. :notworthy:
Awesome ride!
She's such a phenomenal rider I reckon she'll easily surpass Wiggins. I used to think that once she'd got that marked rider status she'd really suffer. Well, suffer she does - and she had an enormous amount of work to do with minimal help this evening - but she's still winning races. And I've rarely, if ever, seen her running ragged because she's such a balanced rider.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Yeah she really is an inspiration, I well up with pride every time I see her race. She is so tiny compared to the others but beneath that seemingly permanant smiley girly exterior beats the heart of a lion, she just will not be beaten, and is prepared to totally bury herself every time she.competes. I remember when I first read she used to throw up after nearly every race and training session, I thought it took a special kind of determination to keep putting yourself through that.

I don't think I've ever seen such an impressive win from so far back, she was nowhere. Hoy and everyone thought she'd blown it, and with no one else helping with the chase she just knuckled down and did it all herself, nothing short of heroic. Like @themosquitoking on the last lap I was jumping and screaming and alarming the neighbours. How crushing for her opponents seeing her do that though, I almost felt sorry for them.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yeah she really is an inspiration, I well up with pride every time I see her race. She is so tiny compared to the others but beneath that seemingly permanant smiley girly exterior beats the heart of a lion, she just will not be beaten, and is prepared to totally bury herself every time she.competes. I remember when I first read she used to throw up after nearly every race and training session, I thought it took a special kind of determination to keep putting yourself through that.

I don't think I've ever seen such an impressive win from so far back, she was nowhere. Hoy and everyone thought she'd blown it, and with no one else helping with the chase she just knuckled down and did it all herself, nothing short of heroic. Like @themosquitoking on the last lap I was jumping and screaming and alarming the neighbours. How crushing for her opponents seeing her do that though, I almost felt sorry for them.
I thought it was Joanna Rowsell who gave her post race interviews to a bucket. May be wrong.

Remember Pendleton though, so much lighter than rivals such as Anna Mears - almost no muscles but lightness and poise married to power. When they went the bike went too but they stayed still.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Just watched her Olympic Omnium victory again - Scratch race and 500m TT. She's so much smoother now than she was. Just looking at her in the final lap or two, the only way that you know she is putting in lorry load of effort, is the fact that she is going faster than the rest. Otherwise she could be out on a Sunday morning social ride.

Top Bottom