LBS saves the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I was packing my bike this morning ready to fly tomorrow. There was a horrid crack from the crank as I used a pedal wrench to remove the pedal. Yep, the thread had ripped right out. Great....it's a brand new FSA crank and only done 300 miles. My flight is first thing on the morrow so I'm facing a buggered trip, or taking my Bianchi instead of my new carbon cube.
I call my LBS http://www.questadventure.co.uk/ and am told they have a 105 crank they can fit if they cant re tap it.
I ride the 5 miles on the bianchi with the cube slung over my shoulder (neat trick if you can do it lol!) and they drop all the other jobs on the stands and look at mine. The thread is totally toast and they dont have a new thread insert so they fit a used but perfectly good shimano 105 crankset and all is well.

Cost including the crank £30.

There are good bike shops out there still it seems :smile:

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
brand new FSA crank and only done 300 miles

surely a foc replacement.?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I was packing my bike this morning ready to fly tomorrow. There was a horrid crack from the crank as I used a pedal wrench to remove the pedal. Yep, the thread had ripped right out. Great....it's a brand new FSA crank and only done 300 miles. My flight is first thing on the morrow so I'm facing a buggered trip, or taking my Bianchi instead of my new carbon cube.
I call my LBS http://www.questadventure.co.uk/ and am told they have a 105 crank they can fit if they cant re tap it.
I ride the 5 miles on the bianchi with the cube slung over my shoulder (neat trick if you can do it lol!) and they drop all the other jobs on the stands and look at mine. The thread is totally toast and they dont have a new thread insert so they fit a used but perfectly good shimano 105 crankset and all is well.

Cost including the crank £30.

There are good bike shops out there still it seems :smile:

I see that your beloved and loyal Celeste has become just 'the bianchi'. Not even capitalised in your second mention of her. She'll be writing on here again, in no uncertain terms, I shouldn't wonder.

G3CWI

Veteran
Thread back from the dead.

Disaster Averted

Rear mech. fell apart on my commute in today. The upper jockey wheel decided to part company with the bike (lost on the road somewhere). Fortunately this happened towards the end of my commute loop as I was approaching the town centre and, by amazing chance, outside a new LBS.

Left the bike outside LBS with a message on the answerphone for the owner (08:15). Walked in to work.

Mech fully repaired plus several other minor things attended to by LBS. All finished by 10:15. Bike now safely back at my factory ready for the ride home. You really can't ask for more. Thanks Paul!

Ride and Repair, Macclesfield - no connection other than being a customer.
http://www.rideandrepair.co.uk/

Top Bottom