LDN Bridges and Beers Ride. June 14th.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I'm in for this, with a twist.... On 12th June I shall be 70 & on 17th the love of my life Lonica will be 60 so we shall be celebrating a total of 130 years - it would be great to share this with all of you.
I shall have a chat with @ianrauk @rb58 & @ttcycle who are SLR veterans about Sunday morning cafes where we & some others may pass by en route from the east (e.g. starting at the View Tube Olympic Park cafe & travelling via LMNH) to fill up on coffee & cake before we cross a bridge & sink a beer.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm in for this, with a twist.... On 12th June I shall be 70 & on 17th the love of my life Lonica will be 60 so we shall be celebrating a total of 130 years - it would be great to share this with all of you.
I shall have a chat with @ianrauk @rb58 & @ttcycle who are SLR veterans about Sunday morning cafes where we & some others may pass by en route from the east (e.g. starting at the View Tube Olympic Park cafe & travelling via LMNH) to fill up on coffee & cake before we cross a bridge & sink a beer.
Happy 130th! :smile:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Hampton court area seems to be the de rigeur starting point for such rides. I think a 10.30am start should be manageable on a Sunday.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
If you are planning on using the Thames path, the section between Teddington and Richmond is a bit rough.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
If you are planning on using the Thames path, the section between Teddington and Richmond is a bit rough.

Good to know, I'm still figuring out which bridges (not all of them across rivers) that I want to hit, and from which bank I'd like to ride them.

As with all the best rides, there will be a recce.

P.s @dellzeqq can I tempt you to come along.

Windsor and Eton Riverside? Then upwards via the playing fields, Datchet, Staines, erm there's a pub by a bridge in Chertsey, then Walton, then sod around to Hampton etc. @Davywalnuts will do this, and @mistral - both have an excellent knowledge and are prepared to buy all comers a beer at each of the stops en route.*

*poetic licencing hours may be involved. It's a good, fast ride from Windsor upwards.

Top Bottom