LDN Bridges and Beers Ride. June 14th.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
http://www.hammertonsferry.com/ if you fancy something un peu exotique......

the wobbly bridge is good, but not advisable when there are cops about

and you could go through the Rotherhithe Tunnel for additional points.

The wobbly one makes a great (grate?)zippy tyre noise, and it has lovely little paintings in between the grillage of the decking plates used in the bridge construction. As mentioned, best traversed out of sight of PC Bob.

wp_20140414_16_18_41_pro20140415082953.jpg

StuartG

slower but further
A good finish would be by Cable Car and at Fat Boys :okay:
Best avoid USING the cable car to cross the Thames. Lonica's spanking new Freedom Pass doesn't cover that ... Woolwich Ferry? Or to collect extra Penalty Points, Blackwall Tunnel :becool:

Its in my diary. Bail bond at the ready ...

U

User10571

The cable car is ace. Not sure how ace it will be with beer in the belly though, especially if it's windy!
Gusting at 17mph is the point at which they withdraw the service. That's what the TfL Ubermeister told me.
I've been on it when it has been gusting at 17mph.
It was a bit 'Where Eagles Dare'......
With additional clenching.........

Last edited by a moderator:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the Blackwall Tunnel is well verboten and, more to the point, dead frightening. Did it in 1976. Never, ever again.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Inspired by the info controls on Sunday's audax I'm wondering if there would be an appetite for some kind of quiz on this ride?

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Any more details on the plans for the progression eastwards? which watering holes & estimated times?

anothersam

SMIDSMe
If you can add the Puente del Alamillo to the itinerary that would be great as it turns out we may be in Seville that day. If I'm not, I hope to join the B&B ride as one of the afore-mentioned teetotalling contingent.

formfilled.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom