Least Favourite Advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arch684

Veteran
I saw one this evening. Had cows in a gym for some reason. I think it was for cheese? Afterwards I felt uneasy so I think there was some weird subliminal message in there.
And the message was buy cheese

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The advert break is for pausing, putting the kettle on to make a cuppa and then coming back and fast forwarding through. We do a lot of recording of programmes and watching later so we can avoid the ads. So dull, except for the meerkat ones.

runner

Guru
Oh god I hate this ad from a long time ago still gives me nightmares

View: http://youtu.be/asXw2a4kQLc

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
But if you noted the exact wording I used - I SKIP ads, I do not FAST FORWARD through them! :thumbsup:

I have controls on my remote control which let me step 30 seconds or 2 minutes at a time forwards or backwards.

Advertising generally seems to be sold in 30 second chunks so I skip forwards 2 * 2 minutes. If I end up in the programme, I step back 30 seconds at a time until I hit the start of that part of it. If I am still in an ad, I only see it for an instant and then skip forwards in 30 second steps until the ads are done.

Most breaks now seem to be 3-5 minutes. Some are shorter, such as during the Channel 4 news or at times when there are not going to be many viewers so most advertisers are probably not interested.

They are getting cleverererererer though Col. The human eye, even the stillest eye, moves 3-4 times times per second and takes in 10-12 visual images per second. TV cameras can roll out at 300 frames per second. Not sure if you've noticed during your fast forwarding either, but if you concentrate, you might notice neat little flashes of images coming out. It's tre tricky.

Top Bottom