Leaving the roads behind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody lovely photos, Reiver, and looks a great place to ride.

Oxo

Guru
It did occur to me at one point, if I was to injure myself here, (and considering my spinal problems as well as the difficult terrain this was quite a possibility); I don't think I would ever be found, sure they would come and look for me but I doubt they would have looked for a cyclist many miles from the nearest road, and I seriously doubt any hill walkers would venture across here.

Anyway, here are the picture from the mad journey LINK

When I get the chance I'm slowly ticking off the Wainwright's. I usually walk alone and from time to time it occurs to me that in the event of someting going wrong it could be some time before I'm found, this is usually at the point when going back is as difficult as going forward.

Alan B

Great pictures, had similar experience when I've gone exploring "Up North"

631.jpg

Fiona N

Veteran
Reading your account, it never occurred to me that you weren't on a mtb :biggrin:

It's fun though, isn't it, leaving the beaten track behind. I used to get into 'trouble' on a regular basis when I lived in Switzerland and used to wander about in the mountains with a bivvy bag and a modicum of climbing gear. It was a bit before Google Earth got going, so I was dependent on 1:25,000 maps at best and with the glaciers retreating apace, the ground wasn't quite what I was expecting sometimes. Like you found with the ryde :smile:

peelywally

amazing looking place .

Top Bottom