LED Strip lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ah. I was going to use cool white as the task lighting under the wall units, and warm white on top to bounce off the ceiling. Maybe the cool white is too harsh....
It's personal preference surely, but for me, warm white every time, there is enough light from a strip of the LED's, and I would want the kitchen to be cosy feeling rather than clinical, especially as I spend a reasonable amount of time in there.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
if it was one LED in the module I would get the client to accept that as natural failure rate. sadly it is the whole strip. the manufacturer has been great so far but i feel that the goodwill may rapidly wane.

I paid about £25 for 8m of lighting, plus 15 minutes with a soldering iron. Compared to the expensive IKEA halogen junk they replaced, I am more than happy. I actually expected to have more problems because of the price. The kids wanted the full colour changing ones, but I overruled them to keep it simple.

subaqua

What’s the point
I paid about £25 for 8m of lighting, plus 15 minutes with a soldering iron. Compared to the expensive IKEA halogen junk they replaced, I am more than happy. I actually expected to have more problems because of the price. The kids wanted the full colour changing ones, but I overruled them to keep it simple.

8m is about half of what we have in each of the washrooms, with 2 on each floor and 25 floors

OP
OP
andytheflyer
Well, taking advice from fellow cyclists, I bought 2 reels of Warm White TLS LEDs at 24V and 4.8W/m, IP67 rated, and 2 No. 35W drivers. With a spotlight and an LED bulb, that lot cost me £180!! This is top of the range stuff, so I hope it all works and lasts.....

Fitted part of them today: dog's wotsits. We have a peach/cream colour on walls and ceilings, and the LEDs pick put the sparkly bits in the test tiles we have propped up on the walls.

Some more to fit 2mrw, but these look like the best decision I've made since I asked my then girlfriend to marry me 40 years ago.

It's hosing down outside, but the half-lit new kitchen, even without the unit doors and the tiles looks a million dollars.

Many thx to all respondents, in particular @PK99 who prompted me to go upmarket. I could have bought similar kit for 50% of the cost, but sometimes, you really do have to splash the cash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom