Lee Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velominati

Did anyone else watch the BBC new this morning? Lee Martin's brother 'Darrell' was interviewed about the circumstances in which his brother was killed by the van driver Mr Gard. Darrell Martin explained that the death of his brother had obviously had a devastating impact on the Martin family, he also went onto explain that Mr Gard had eight previous convictions for driving whilst texting. To cut a long story short, Mr Martin is asking for harsher penalties for car drivers that use their mobile phones whilst driving, I hope that his story raises awareness of the dangers of driving and texting but as Mr Martin pointed out, drivers that text when they are behind the wheel see their behaviour as normal and a part of everyday life.

Somehow, I don't think that Mr Martin's story will have any real impact on drivers that text, that is until the courts hand out far stiffer penalties, I'm thinking that anyone caught using a mobile phone whilst driving should have their licence removed and then they should be made to retake their driving test but only after suffering a year long ban.

Rant over.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think most of us would agree the punishments should be in line with drink driving.

Top Bottom