Leeds to Scarborough Saturday September 24: The Yorkshire Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
And who would you be talking about here?

I think @wanda2010 didn't make the fish and chips one either Llandudno ride. At least you made the first one (despite falling off outside the chippy)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Holding off the full ride recce ATM until these NE winds subside. As soon as I'm free on a nice warm day with a decent SW I'll do the whole route and let you know how it's looking
Sounds sensible!

I had long planned to do a long ride from Scarborough back in this direction but it makes more sense to do it the other way round so I am going to pinch your route from the NE outskirts of Leeds and bolt it on to some of the NW parts of the West Yorkshire Cycle Route. I'll definitely be looking out for a wind-free day, or preferably one with a SW wind. I'm hoping to do it between various other forum rides and definitely before this one.

If I have the time and energy on the day, I will do a detour up through Dalby Forest and recce that in case anybody fancies a lumpier finish to this Leeds-Scarborough ride. (I did ride it on the TdY sportive, but in the opposite direction. I'd like to check it out heading TOWARDS Scarborough.)

Venod

Eh up
If I have the time and energy on the day, I will do a detour up through Dalby Forest and recce that in case anybody fancies a lumpier finish to this Leeds-Scarborough ride. (I did ride it on the TdY sportive, but in the opposite direction. I'd like to check it out heading TOWARDS Scarborough.)

Heres a GPX file of a ride we did to watch the TDY 2015. it will open with Memory Map.

Attachments

• Tour_of_Yorkshire.gpx
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Would this cunning plan involve not listening to us some muppets going on about how the hilly route was so much better and more scenic than the flat one by any chance?

I suspect it involves trains....I'll say no more

Julia9054

Guru
Just spotted this thread. I would be interested in joining in (+ hubby)
May possibly be taking number 2 son off to university that weekend but if we are not, definitely up for it.

busdennis

Veteran
morning all. interested in the ride but wont be able to commit until closer to the date. i live in Scarborough and cycle all the roads east of Malton. Browsing the thread i can comment on these points. I've never had a problem turning up and taking my bike on east coast trains, only the early morning trains tend to be full. You will get very nice B and B accommodation at the £25 mark but would't recommend the north riding pub for your needs. (Can put a small list together if you like). If you need any help with the route just ask. The road from Malton to the marishes is very busy and you may have to split into very small groups for 3 or 4 miles. i think i could give you some suggestions to improve the route depending on your needs (if you want to arrive in north bay via south bay go straight on at Ayton to Seamer, back rd short cut to B and Q and then round Olivers mount dropping down to the bay (@ColinJ the climb to Olivers mount is much harder from this side Colin than the one you did from filey rd)

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
morning all. interested in the ride but wont be able to commit until closer to the date. i live in Scarborough and cycle all the roads east of Malton. Browsing the thread i can comment on these points. I've never had a problem turning up and taking my bike on east coast trains, only the early morning trains tend to be full. You will get very nice B and B accommodation at the £25 mark but would't recommend the north riding pub for your needs. (Can put a small list together if you like). If you need any help with the route just ask. The road from Malton to the marishes is very busy and you may have to split into very small groups for 3 or 4 miles. i think i could give you some suggestions to improve the route depending on your needs (if you want to arrive in north bay via south bay go straight on at Ayton to Seamer, back rd short cut to B and Q and then round Olivers mount dropping down to the bay (@ColinJ the climb to Olivers mount is much harder from this side Colin than the one you did from filey rd)

Thanks very much. I will PM you regarding the route so as not to clog up the thread if you don't mind.

Our usual fallback accommodation of the Travelodge is extremely expensive September 24 so a list of recommended B&Bs would be extremely helpful. I will need one of those as the Travelodge is just too expensive to justify. I am aware that a lot of B&Bs only accept minimum 2 night bookings at weekend (but some are ok with one night) so will have to be mindful of that

I will also stick you on the Expressions of Interest list on post#1

Top Bottom