Leeds to Scarborough Saturday September 24: The Yorkshire Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
OK NIcky I have just reserved a b and b for September 24th. Just 33 quid.
I might ride up to Leeds from Sheff early morning on 24th but anyway I am committing to to go now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We have a good summer and autumn of forum riding coming up ... I am currently multi-tasking, keeping up with this thread, the one for the York-Humber ride, my Settle ride, and working on 2 rides I am organising in Scotland, another in the Forest of Bowland, and I have also persuaded @Ajay to consider a rerun of his South Lakes ride from 2012 ... Fun, fun, fun! :smile:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Looks like Mrs Kes and Kes Jnr are going to the seaside :smile:
I'll be driving back afterwards ( more accurately I'll be driven back, so I can have a swift pint or two). If anyone wants a lift back to the huddersfield area let me know and I'll see what we can arrange.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looks like Mrs Kes and Kes Jnr are going to the seaside :smile:
I'll be driving back afterwards ( more accurately I'll be driven back, so I can have a swift pint or two). If anyone wants a lift back to the huddersfield area let me know and I'll see what we can arrange.

Good stuff!

A quick heads up regarding advance train tickets.........

They will open up for the relevant weekend in about 10 days I think. I'm away then so may not be able to remind everyone so put it in the diary.

An important aspect is that it may well be advisable to split the tickets (say, Scarborough-York, then York-Wherever) as it seems to save quite a bit. Have a play around and anyone who gets a good split deal please post on the thread

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Do you have a route yet Nick. I'm thinking of riding up from Sheff early morning and meeting you on the way and don't fancy battling into Leeds city centre.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Do you have a route yet Nick. I'm thinking of riding up from Sheff early morning and meeting you on the way and don't fancy battling into Leeds city centre.

Here's the route. Bear in mind that this is NOT necessarily the final version. I need to do a full recce and the final 20 miles or so may be changed slightly subject to feedback from @busdennis

When the route is in final form I will make a big fanfare and release it to all

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13665401

I'm also playing around with a slightly hiller version that you may be interested in. The first 50 miles are exactly the same as the one above but it then disappears off into the North Yorshire Moors. I will offer this as an alternative if folk want something a bit more challenging

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13704931

I'm planning on doing a hilly ride on Sunday so I will probably take the flat route on Saturday

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Thanks Nick. It looks like I will be meeting up with you at Towton about 17 miles into your ride. That's 55 for me. So once you have a depart time sorted I will start mine early enough to meet you there. I will probably be riding a blue 1970's Peugeot which I rescued from a skip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Thanks Nick. It looks like I will be meeting up with you at Towton about 17 miles into your ride. That's 55 for me. So once you have a depart time sorted I will start mine early enough to meet you there. I will probably be riding a blue 1970's Peugeot which I rescued from a skip.

17 miles to Towton so I'm guessing about 1030 based on a 0900 start from Leeds Station. It depends how fiddly it is to get out of Leeds. All those road crossings and traffic lights hammer the avg speed.I'll have a better idea once I've done the recce which will be some time July/August.

Top Bottom