lejog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimlad

Hello everyone, newbie on the site and looking forward to sharing stories ideas and advice with you all.
I have decided to join in the forum because I am just beginning to plan a LeJog for next year and thought that the best people to speak to are those who have already achieved it.
At the moment I have more questions than answers, although my plans are at a very embrionic stage having only decided to do it over this last fornight or so.
The decision came after getting involved with trying to raise £50,000 to send a local teenage girl to america for a life changing operation to cure her cerebral palsy. Following the op she will fingers crossed be able to lead an almost normal life as she will not be restricted to her wheelchair.
Anyway, thats enough heartstring pulling for now, more importantly, I need some advice.
My riding history is good although a little distant as I haven't really ridden in the last ten years. I used to tour quite a bit and have done three days in North Wales covering over 350 miles and countless mountain passes in the process, so although I may not be as fit as I used to be, I do appreciate the difficulty of taking on such a task and am well aware of the importance of being physically ready as much as any thing else.
I am 39 now and would like to think I can complete the journey in 14 days, am I being realistic or optimistic?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the forum jimlad. There is a section on the forum for the LEJOG.

E11a

Hi Jimlad, and welcome to CC. As Paulus said, there's plenty of information in here.

Rebel Ian

No, 14 days will be a breeze! I'm 5 years older than you and have just done it 12 days. I only got back into cycling 3 years ago after not having ridden for over 20 years.

Check out the LEJoG section - loads of info on there.

Top Bottom