Lets see them try SMIDSY with this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been hit twice that way. Both times the driver knew I was there, but thought I was going to move into the roundabout. I've modified my body language so it's clearer when I'm not going to proceed.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Bloody cyclists getting in the way of cars just trying to go about their usual business. Plus it serves him right for his basic track stand.

Nice of the camera car to stop and offer assistance, Not!

to be fair in that situation I would have removed my vehicle from the roundabout before stopping to help

The driver says as much in the comments under the video on the youtube page.
i pulled in round the corner and gave the cyclist my number incase he wants this but not had a call as of yet. Driver of the black car was dealing with it quiet well. Both in shock. Driver was onto his insurers.
(luckily it was the first comment, so I didn't accidentally read random youtube comments!)

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Looks like the driver's first reaction was check out the wing of his car.
I had another look and I think he's just leaning on it and offering the other hand to the cyclist, the cyclist for his part appears to be telling him to "Farking do one!", which seems fair. I reserve the right to be wrong however.

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've been hit twice that way. Both times the driver knew I was there, but thought I was going to move into the roundabout. I've modified my body language so it's clearer when I'm not going to proceed.
I've been rear wheeled at a junction, not quite that bad but I was stood, one foot off the pedals and they just decided that they were ready to go even though there was a car coming from the right side that you can only see clearly from 1st at the junction. Not even an apology, just a grunted, 'it looked clear to me'.

I think the bike rider has the right to be aggrieved, their whole stance said: not going anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Nice of the camera car to stop and offer assistance, Not!

to be fair in that situation I would have removed my vehicle from the roundabout before stopping to help

likewise Nibor and the way the camera car is traversing the roundabout is the busy way across it - double carriageway coming off and the main road from Oldham itself coming on.

There's enough clearance round that roundabout that nobody should (ha) join in the incident coming round it, so if they stopped to help or protect the downed rider, in reality they would have more been a vision blocker for anyone heading off up the same road the camera car took and could have made things worse for the guy.
Putting a probably non cycling drivers hat on for a moment too, I guess seeing the cyclist getting up and the driver out to speak with them made it a look a less serious shunt to get involved with. The clip cuts off quickly after, so while its doesn't look like it, we don't know if the driver did stop safely far enough off the roundabout and come back to offer their details and make them aware of the camera footage.

we don't know if the driver did stop safely far enough off the roundabout and come back to offer their details and make them aware of the camera footage.

<tap tap tap> Is this thing on?
The driver says as much in the comments under the video on the youtube page.
i pulled in round the corner and gave the cyclist my number incase he wants this but not had a call as of yet. Driver of the black car was dealing with it quiet well. Both in shock. Driver was onto his insurers.

Top Bottom