Liège-Bastogne-Liège 26.4.15 (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a toughie isn't it. Definitely suits a rider with a different profile, more GT shaped.

liegebastogneliegeprofile.png

Typically doesn't suit the earlier classics winners, so can't see either Kristoff or Degenkolb winning. It's a case of trying to work out who's in form to win this because they probably won't have shown much yet.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It's a toughie isn't it. Definitely suits a rider with a different profile, more GT shaped. Typically doesn't suit the earlier classics winners, so can't see either Kristoff or Degenkolb winning. It's a case of trying to work out who's in form to win this because they probably won't have shown much yet.

I think my plan will be to wait until the 25th then pick the wrong person.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's a toughie isn't it. Definitely suits a rider with a different profile, more GT shaped.

Typically doesn't suit the earlier classics winners, so can't see either Kristoff or Degenkolb winning. It's a case of trying to work out who's in form to win this because they probably won't have shown much yet.

It's a shame Wiggins didn't choose this one for his swansong cos it looks better suited to him than PR.

Maybe it would be a good one for Porte?

Bauke Mollema might be a good outside bet...

It's a shame Wiggins didn't choose this one for his swansong cos it looks better suited to him than PR.

Maybe it would be a good one for Porte?

Bauke Mollema might be a good outside bet...
Mollema is always an outside bet ^_^ Though he looked in better form earlier this year.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I would even be surprised if they don't even line up. Neither started last year...

Fair point, though since Degenkolb has been comparing himself to Sean Kelly lately, he might fancy it!

(According to Mr Google, he will be at LBL but in 'a recovery phase' as part of his prep for the TdF, so that pretty much rules him out.)

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Don't the mountain goats turn out for this race? I think someone like Tony Gallopin could do well.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Don't the mountain goats turn out for this race? I think someone like Tony Gallopin could do well.

Good call. He's been showing some signs of winning things recently. Kwiat is also going well, though. And Rodriguez. Is he riding this? Also Uran and Henao...

Last edited:
OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yep, Rodriguez also crossed my mind after his showing in the Basque Tour.

Hadn't considered Gallopin but yes, he's got to be a contender too.

Dan Martin usually seems to ride himself into shape in time for the Ardennes races but he's not yet showing the same kind of form as he had in 2013.

Kwiatkowski is definitely the one I'm leaning towards at the moment.

The Couch

Über Member
Degenkolb or Kristoff? Discuss.

Fair point, though since Degenkolb has been comparing himself to Sean Kelly lately, he might fancy it!

(According to Mr Google, he will be at LBL but in 'a recovery phase' as part of his prep for the TdF, so that pretty much rules him out.)
Wait... you weren't joking?!? :blink:

No, starting tomorrow (Brabantse Pijl), you should gradually start seeing a shift towards the better climbers
BP and Amstel Gold could still be something that "sprinters" like Sagan, Matthews and Fellini should be able to handle/win in the best of circumstances (form and race strategy).
Waalse Pijl (Fleche Wallone) and LBL are definitely for the punchy climbers (like mentioned here: Kwiatek, Martin, Valverde, Rodriguez, Gilbert,...)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Oh, Matthews. I forgot him and I shouldn't have - he's been on fire. He's not a pure sprinter at all, he's more of a puncheur like Gilbert, but with a fast finish. I can see him winning at least one of the Ardennes events this year.

Top Bottom