Liege - Bastoigne - Liege 2014 * Spoilers *

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Gilbert was (very) impressive in the Fleche Brabanconne and Amstel ...Valverde was superior in the Fleche Wallon ... can either of them take LBL as well?

Purito has claimed that LBL is his first main target of the season (and was pretty darn close last year), but how is he feeling after his tumble in the Amstel
Dan Martin had been pretty invisible this year, but his impressive 2nd place (coming from quite far in the group halfway up the Mur) in Fleche Wallon proves he's getting into form
Kwiatek won Strade Bianchi and has been close in both Amstel and FW, but seems to lack still a tiny bit the strength in the end of these races

Or can it be a surprise winner (like Martin was for many last year):
Mollema has been pretty decent in the last races
Kreuzinger didn't get the Amstel this year, but still has shown his form already
Arredondo (with less jet-lag) has been getting great results the whole year and could be an outside thread
Ulissi and Nibali need to start taking some points for Italy or they'll get into trouble to have people on the WC
And if the knee of Betancur is getting better he might have as shot as well

Dave_1

Feel if Garmin management insist certain team members ride for Martin it will be his win tomorrow.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Funny you should mention Mollema - I was thinking about him for the predictor. Might be a good race for him.

I also fancy Ulissi but after his impressive early form in the TDU, he seems to have gone off the boil a bit.

I would have backed Purito until his crash.

Will be very interesting to see how Froome does after Wiggo's decent showing in Flanders.

oldroadman

Veteran
The final usually favours a puncheur, so PG is a logical choice. Then Dan martin is going well but will be a marked man after last week.
Porte might be an outside bet. L-B-L is such a long race and very wearing (the Ardenne hills never seem to let up in the second half) that a solo or small break is always a possibility. If Mollema was in that situation I would rate his chances of a podium at least.
Still, we will all know in a few hours!

oh man - disaster for Martin there.
He was looking like he was in a great position there until he slid.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
They have a nice little graphic on the live skynews feed to illustrate what falling off looks like.

lbl.JPG

Top Bottom