Life begins.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hepburn

Hi :hello: another newbie...

I got a bike last year for my 40th birthday initially to cycle with my 9 year old daughter, just 3 or 4 miles a week or so I thought....

Well I've been regularly doing 25-30 miles a week since February (I can only get out once a week), but I've done 5 charity rides including L 2 B and even made it up the Beacon without stopping which I was really chuffed with :wahhey:

I'm in north Kent btw.

I wish I'd got into cycling years ago! Better late than never though...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
its a nice activity you can do solo or in a crowd and welcome , buy a tandem and enjoy some family cycling its worth it

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fantastic 40!

I turned 40 just a couple of weeks ago and I feel faster and fitter (on the bike anyway) than I was in my early 20's which was the last time I did regular cycling. I can ride further and faster than I ever did back then.

Being 40 isn't so bad after all :thumbsup:

EDIT: with cycling mad 7 and 10yr old sons I need to keep on my toes. I don't want to be hanging on at the back for a long time yet!!!!

:welcome: I was just over 40 (42ish) when I bought my first road bike since my teens.... My wife thought it would be a flash in the pan-dust collecting-mid life crisis. I loved it when I proved her wrong.... I agree with you, wished I'd done it years ago

Ciar

Veteran
:welcome: 40 is the new 20!

Top Bottom