Life begins.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
When I was a kid it always surprised me that adults appeared not to know how old they were, I mean no one wouldn't be able to answer that question straight away would they! Now as an adult I have to think about it for a long time and have been known to get it wrong and be corrected by either friends or family:blush:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
When I was a kid it always surprised me that adults appeared not to know how old they were, I mean no one wouldn't be able to answer that question straight away would they! Now as an adult I have to think about it for a long time and have been known to get it wrong and be corrected by either friends or family:blush:

Only you know the truth :-)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Only you know the truth :-)

I'd like to believe I did know the truth, but the problem with family and close friends is they know!

Though thinking back I never knew the age of my parents until my late teens when I finally found their passports. I'd even found a tree with my Dad's initials carved on it and a date, and tried to get him to tell me which year he had done it whilst waiting for his school bus to Cookstown.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm actually commuting home from London as I type with 3 30 something men all lycraed(?) to the hilt guarding their million dollar racers with their lives. One hasn't noticed he's got a flat should I tell him ? :-;
Do tell him, then direct him to the beginners section of CC :biggrin:

OP
OP
hepburn

hepburn

Just
just out of interest have you thought about joining a local club, if so which one?

I haven't actually. I can only usually go out once a week. I'm a single parent so have to get the munchkin sorted if I'm going for a long ride (if it's shortish say 10 miles she'll come with me). It's a bit of a faff really, I can't just be spontaneous :sad:

My friend looked into joining the Kent Velo Girls but (at the time) you had to have a racing bike.

Hill Wimp

This reducing in age is definatly catching. Maturity is so last year te he

Hill Wimp

I haven't actually. I can only usually go out once a week. I'm a single parent so have to get the munchkin sorted if I'm going for a long ride (if it's shortish say 10 miles she'll come with me). It's a bit of a faff really, I can't just be spontaneous :sad:

My friend looked into joining the Kent Velo Girls but (at the time) you had to have a racing bike.

Hey once a week is great and excellent that the wee one comes along too. That's a great start for them.
I did email KVG a couple of months ago, got a reply and then nothing. I think they do a lot of racing and are pretty tied up with training for those races.
It's me and my other new toy map my ride on my iPhone. Fab peice of "free" kit that does all sorts and helps you improve. Thoroughly reccomended.

OP
OP
hepburn

hepburn

I might look at that. I use strava at the mo and am getting on quite well with it (i'm not very techie :wacko:). I use it for tracking my lunchtime runs too.

Top Bottom