Lights for riding all night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Busch & Muller Ixon IQ lasts 5 hours on full power, carry a second set of 4 AA batteries and that'll get you 10 hours of great lighting, or go for the newer Ixon IQ Premium and get twice the light output on the same battery usage.
Around £45 from the German suppliers for the standard version or around £55 for the premium version, a bit more if you need the charger as well, but most folk have a AA charger already.

I use these, and the charger.

Allegedly the battery casing joint is a weak feature in the design, and the charger removes the need to open and close the case

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
AyUps lights on medium setting will last a night.

So the Dun Run is about 7 hours of darkness, with a full moon (probably - date is not confirmed).
Saturday, 4th July 2015 (two nights after the full moon)
Within a few weeks of finishing each DunRun, the date gets set pretty sharpish for the following year.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DunwichDynamo/

ETA: +1 Exposure lights. I use 2 mid-range Stradas plus any old Cateye with a blink mode. I use the blinky + 1 Strada on low-beam until clear of the streetlights, then add the other Strada on high beam. Then about 2am, I swap which Strada is on high beam and which is on low beam. Both end up on most of the night but neither on high beam for more than 3 hours. No danger of batteries dying on either one of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom