Lily Loch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

I've often thought about taking pictures out on rides but I never remember. I did today :0)

There are loads of lochs where I live, they are everywhere. This one is less than a mile and a half from my house as the crow flies but believe it or not today is the first time I've seen it! The reason for that is that you can't drive to it, there's no path to it from my side and it can't be seen from any road. Looking at the loch on Flash Earth it looked like there was a tracks we could use to get around it so we went to explore this morning :0)

The track that looked like it went all the way to the lock from the back road up behind the house, didn't. It stopped, leaving us struggling up and down fields looking for a way over to the loch. Worth the effort though:

lily1lq5.jpg

During the summer the loch is popular with anglers but at seven thirty on a freezing winter morning we had the place to ourselves. It was lovely, not a breeze.

lily15sc5.jpg

On the way round the left of the loch Bob spotted this, can you see the face? :0)

lilyfacepf4.jpg

Looking back from the other end:

lily2uz8.jpg

What looked like tracks that we could use to get from this end up to another road, turned out not to be either! We ended up totally manky as we traipsed across fields and over bogs. At this point Bob checked the sat nav on his phone and according to it we were on a road! ;0)

lilygrassnr7.jpg

That grass looks very ridable but it was a quagmire. We were often spinning and sinking and had to walk at times, trying desperately not to get our feet wet as the temperature was around zero.

At the top of that field we went over one of maybe a dozen fences or gates and straight over the marsh in the background, there was no other way to go.

lilybogfs6.jpg

It got really wet and stinking down the other side of that hill and by the time we were up to the farm next to the road we were covered, don't know how much cow crap I eat! Once on the road it was about ten minutes flying down the hill and we were back at the house to hose the bikes off. So we didn't find the tracks, but we know where they're not :0)

postman

Legendary Member
Helmet and face guard.But boy what a nose.Is he Roman?Because it's roaming allover his face.What belting scenery.

Top Bottom