Liverpool Chester Liverpool - Sun 5th July 09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

Any CCers doing the Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool?

Lots of choice on the distances - 20, 25, 54 and the new sportive 90mile Sportive - and all options include 5 miles underground in the Mersey Tunnel

http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/News/LCL09.html

also free entry for any Liverpool resident over 60

I'm going to do the 54 as I've got my lads coming along for the ride, otherwise I would have gone for the sportive.

dodgy

I'm doing it, I usually do. I'll be doing the 90 mile option (which I've measured on bikehike and is more like 85 miles). I will ride to the start from home and back home again from the finish, so that means about 10 miles underground for me and 4 tunnel crossings :evil:

Andrij

Über Member
Sounds like fun, but not after FNRttC and DunRun over consecutive nights. If I did the DunRun fast enough to catch a train up to Liverpool I'd be in no shape to enjoy the ride. Maybe next year...

dodgy

I'm happy to ride in a group if there are any takers. I'll probably be riding at an average of 16 - 17mph max

yenrod

garrilla said:
Any CCers doing the Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool?

Lots of choice on the distances - 20, 25, 54 and the new sportive 90mile Sportive - and all options include 5 miles underground in the Mersey Tunnel

http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/News/LCL09.html

also free entry for any Liverpool resident over 60

I'm going to do the 54 as I've got my lads coming along for the ride, otherwise I would have gone for the sportive.

I like the idea of doing the 54 or even the 90 :evil:

We'll see !

Riding with a load of people is fun !!!!!!!!!!!

It'll make a diff. to riding @ break neck speed on the chainy !

Too soon for me. I won't be seriously back on the bike until after then, all my time still going on house refurb.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Damn! I love this event and the 90 mile option makes it look really attractive but I will be doing the Maratona in Italy on that day. The best part is the ride through the closed (to traffic) tunnels.

TWBNK

Wow, it's only a month away now.

I signed up for it quite early this year, doing the 54 miles with friends and family. It was a really enjoyable ride for me last year.

If you bump into number 65 say hello. :-)

dodgy

Bump, just hope this ride doesn't get lost in the weekend of sport we have coming up!

Still bit too far away to accurately judge the weather, so let's keep our fingers crossed :wacko:

Would be good to ride with some other CC readers!

yenrod

dodgy said:
Bump, just hope this ride doesn't get lost in the weekend of sport we have coming up!

Still bit too far away to accurately judge the weather, so let's keep our fingers crossed :blush:

Would be good to ride with some other CC readers!

Yes, that weather.... :wacko:

TWBNK

Managed to get back to the tunnel just as the rain came - lovely ride today. The tunnel police seem to be cracking down on the return journeys through the tunnel back to the Wirral - anybody manage it?

dodgy

I managed to get back through the tunnel at the end, I was prepared to either persuade the police I was not a risk (that tunnel is vvvveeeerrrryyyy wide, and all the riders were riding on the correct side of the road inside the tunnel) or to go back on the ferry.

So I clocked up something like 105 miles or so today. No way is the 90 mile sportive 90 miles, it's more like 84. I got back to Liverpool at about 12:55, got water (warm) some smoothies they were making by rigging up a bicycle to a blender (nice) and no food was available (that I could see).

I really don't think they should be calling it a sportive, it's still very much a charity ride. No timing gear (didn't expect it), no decent nutrition on route (and I mean on route, I couldn't be bothered pulling into the Countess of Chester). The feed stop in Delamere was simply a sign pointing to a local cafe, so not a lot to show for my £22 entry fee except a warm feeling that I've helped out a charity and really quite enjoyed myself :tongue:

Lucky with the weather, lots of puddles here and there but never had any rain fall on me.

Top Bottom