England : East Sussex London - Brighton veteran car run, Sunday 1 November 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Sounds like it was a fab day out for all.
Miffed to have missed it.
Doubly miffed as the job I had on did not go ahead as The Swiss Do Not Work On Sunday.
Merde!

Tim Hall

Sounds like it was a fab day out for all.
Miffed to have missed it.
Doubly miffed as the job I had on did not go ahead as The Swiss Do Not Work On Sunday.
Merde!
Your absence was noted. You were missed.

rb58

Enigma
An exhaust whistle:
IMGP7734.JPG

A few more here.

Hardly any cars though.
Nice photos Tim. I think I had Gizzard sausages with my breakfast.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
What a splendid day, the fog just added to the vintage feel you know. To me it felt like celebration of the car aside from the Veteran cars I saw BSA motorcycles, a Pederson, Corvette, a 32 Ford hotrod, Triumph Herald, various MG's,a bunch of mods on their Mopeds and fell in love with a green Consol Capri.
I made it up Clayton hill with Fab and his peloton, I was at the back, fish n chips on the beach in the sun ahhh!

Still working on the pics

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As several people pointed out along the way, this event is indeed a celebration of the car, but whatever age they are they spend a lot of it in a huge great traffic jam :laugh:.
I'm happy to join with others to celebrate the birth of motoring, even with its elitist connotations. Especially as so many marques had their roots in cycling and many passionate advocates for the early motors were, or had been, passionate advocates for cycling, and the road improvements that went hand-in-hand.

It's the current middle-age I rail against.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Very true Greg. But it did seem as though anyone who had a vaguely interesting vehicle, no matter how recently produced, and even a lot whose cars were just, well, dull but posh, had turned out to drive aimlessly about and clog the roads up for their veteran heroes.
Yep. There was a lot of that, for sure.

Top Bottom