England : London London Cambridge London - date TBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sundays are no can do. Unless I get up at 2am and turn it into a DIY 200.....either that or get the first train (arrives 9ish) and kill myself trying to catch up....
Pub recommendation: Fort St George on Jesus Green.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
There's always the one way ride later on in the year.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hopefully make the one- way one...
If it ends up Feb 1 and the weather's decent I'll be doing a 200 audax anyway.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Going to check the dates at work tomorey will be early start for ride up as no early trains will decide on day if riding back and is it now a Liverpool St Station start ??

Yeah, LS easier. Bit simpler for you right?

Hopefully you can make it as haven't ridden with you for years!

@velovoice @User13710 @StuAff @clarion @Dogtrousers - gentle one way ride posted up, sorry if I missed anyone as in a rush before work.

@User10571 - thanks will eyeball it this weekend.

RedRider

Pulling through
I might be able to join you for this if it's ok - it would be my first ever forum ride - but unsure whether would be doing the one way or there and back option.
Depending on the route taken and numbers there's a fab cafe in Hopley's Garden Centre, Much Hadham, a little shy of half way to Cambridge. Might be worth considering.

Yeah, LS easier. Bit simpler for you right?

Hopefully you can make it as haven't ridden with you for years!

Think it was
Primrose Hill many many years back

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Happy to use your route User10571.

So, let's get rolling with when people can do this, Nigel thanks for yours.

U

User10571

Happy to use your route User10571.............
Bear in mind my comment re: the pretty and the traffic-lite not really starting until you get to Broxbourne.
The pretty you can't really do much about, but traffic-lite can be achieved by deploying an early start - although I appreciate that could compromise those who are arriving at the start by train....
In the event that I'm unable to make the ride, be sure savour the long winding descent, with good surfaces and excellent sight lines, and a white pickety fence as it crosses a tributary of the River Stort, and you cross the border from Herts into Essex.
I'm not going to tell you where it is as
a)There's a big sign saying 'Welcome to Essex' and
b) You'll know you are there because you'll be grinning not only from ear to ear, but all the way round the back of your head

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Is an 8:00 start too early for everyone at Liverpool St?

When are you able to do User10571? The above sounds fantastic!

Top Bottom