London pull out of 2017 Grand Depart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Oh good, Yorkshire can have it again. ^_^

Basil.B

Guru
Better to have it in Yorkshire, better scenery!
I find watching them go round the same old routes in London rather tedious now.
The last stage in this years Tour of Britain was dull as ditchwater.

davefb

Guru
The organisers won't forget that in a hurry.

Au revoir, Londres. :hello:
but will they tar all the uk with that london brush though, since normally any uk starts always end up in london at some point?
if london hadn't bothered , would manchester have had a better chance ?

but will they tar all the uk with that london brush though, since normally any uk starts always end up in london at some point?
Manchester always has a better chance of winning when London doesn't enter.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy

They won't tar all the UK with the London brush after the success of the Grand Depart in Yorkshire. They can't ignore that many spectators and that much revenue.

martint235

Dog on a bike
They won't tar all the UK with the London brush after the success of the Grand Depart in Yorkshire. They can't ignore that many spectators and that much revenue.
I think the French will surprise you with how petty they can be. They've been very keen on London, for the tour to visit 3 times in 10 years would have been pretty good going for a foreign city. I doubt they'll even look at England again in the next 10 years, they may see Glasgow or Edinburgh as an opportunity to spite England given the push for independence

Top Bottom