London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
If as the media reports the venues for these demonstrations were organised via social net working sights, should not the police have been able to havebeen able to have been forwarened about these riots

Globalti

Legendary Member
What difference would that have made?

Do you think the Police have time to surf the net?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
If as the media reports the venues for these demonstrations were organised via social net working sights, should not the police have been able to havebeen able to have been forwarened about these riots

I'm allergic to social media (he says as he types into one?) but dont you have to be a friend or contact to see posts from someone else on facebook and twitter?

Forgive my ignorance

potsy

Rambler
I'm allergic to social media (he says as he types into one?) but dont you have to be a friend or contact to see posts from someone else on facebook and twitter?

Forgive my ignorance

Only if they have specifically set up their settings that way, a lot of stuff is available to anybody jj.

JamesAC

London seems to be on the brink this afternoon.

I've heard on the radio that it's kicking off in Hackney, that in Stratford all the shops in the mall have closed; my son-in-law has called to say that shops in Plaistow have been ransacked, and police are out in force in Forest Gate.

I hope that if you live or work in London that you take care, and keep safe.

Adasta

Traffic is at a standstill from Stockwell to Clapham/Brixton. I think Brixton is still half-closed due to rioting.

Fortunately, I managed to whizz past on my bike! I find it all very disturbing though. I also saw 4 police vans in "formation", sirens blazing, bombing out of Vauxhall Cross towards the Oval at abou 17.20...

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Twitter this morning had Stratford as the next planned site.

---

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Will not be doing my evening ride tonight, it's happening just round the corner to us, why don't they bring in the army and let them kick shoot out of the self-gratification artists, there is no excuse for what they are doing.

bongofury66

100% right. These 'poor' people wih designer hoodies/mobiles/trainers and better bikes than I have. Absolute scum. Simply warn that anyone left in a certain radius in 5 minutes gets f*cking shot. End of. Liberalism IS the true cancer of society.
Will not be doing my evening ride tonight, it's happening just round the corner to us, why don't they bring in the army and let them kick shoot out of the self-gratification artists, there is no excuse for what they are doing.

Top Bottom