London to Brighton night ride, March 6th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Can anyone comment on the quality of the coffee at Wetherspoons?
It's Lavazza http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/drink/coffee-13 - Usually OK, fairly middle-of-road but someone can always screw it up.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I've not been too impressed by the Madeira Café.

:ohmy:

It's not all about the sausages.

Picture 119.jpg

hatler

Guru
The only thing the Madeira lacks is decent sausages. Perhaps if someone had a quiet word in Greg's (?) ear ?

Oh yes, and not enough room for everyone to sit inside. But that's OK, 'cos it's always sunny when we get to Brighton.

U

User10571

At Weatherspoons there's no grumpy gummy table clearing man *shudder*
*Goes into quiet corner*
*Sits down*
*Rocks slowly backwards and forwards*
*Repeat the last one until it's all better*

compo

Veteran
May I ask a couple of questions regarding insurance. I see the requirement for the Brighton ride is CTC/BC membership. Is that CTC plus BC, or one or the other. What about London Cycling Campaign members (me) who have 3rd party insurance cover via their membership. I wont be joining in the Brighton ride but later in the year I may have a look in on one of the night rides, if allowed!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
May I ask a couple of questions regarding insurance. I see the requirement for the Brighton ride is CTC/BC membership. Is that CTC plus BC, or one or the other. What about London Cycling Campaign members (me) who have 3rd party insurance cover via their membership. I wont be joining in the Brighton ride but later in the year I may have a look in on one of the night rides, if allowed!
Not CTC and BC, that would be overkill :smile: We're riding under the CTC 3rd party cover, so their rules apply. LCC will be fine providing there's five or fewer LCC and BC members on the ride.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wetherspoons is fine by me. It's warm and you can get yellow beer from 9am. OK, the Eggs Benedict are not going to win an Escoffier Award, but nowhere's perfect.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
@redfalo can I also add a plus one? Will send CTC number and contact details
sure thing - great news!

It's of course CTC or BC. As for LCC membership, this is ultimately up to the very own @dellzeqq to decide. My understanding is that LCC memebership does include third party liability insurance for cycling activities
As the hole point of the memebership faff is to make sure that a rider who might be harmed by another participant of the ride can be sure his or her damages are covered by an insurance, my (eventually irrelevant) feeling is that LCC memebership should do the trick as well.

compo

Veteran
Further to my questions about insurance (thanks for clarifying), I have had a look and for what it costs for affiliate membership CTC is probably the easiest way to go.

Top Bottom