England : East Sussex London to Brighton Veteran Cars Run, Sunday 6 November 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I knew That '

Lol ,

Ok ,sounds like a good day out ,
And about 9 hours to do it in ,
I ll talk Ms ozboz to have a go , give her new BH a good work out ,
I take it that the route is well posted ,?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
An important family doo has buggered my plans to join you. So i might sit at the end of my road and wave at the cars OR bomb it all the way down to Brighton non stop...ish and train back (depending on what time the doo starts). It's all up in the air at the moment.

Just spotted the thread.

Have a great day folks.

Good luck with the weather.

Ride with the wind but safely.

Some fond memories.

I'll be away.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Seems to be ok on the day at present going London way. 3 Hours though.

Train.jpg

Salty seadog

This is the correct answer. No coastal trains.

Splendid, cheers TMN, just checked and all seems fine London way. I can imagine a fair few people wanting to take bikes on the train though. Is it a popular cycling event too or more a cc thing?

U

User10571

Indeed.
It isn't the BHF L2B ride and it doesn't appear as even a blip on Southern's radar.
Southern's capacity to deliver a rail service using their broken train set is, however, another matter.
My gut feeling is that it'll be alright - I may even pitch up for the ride - depending on a few circumstances coming together, syzygy-like.

Salty seadog

Cheers @ianrauk and @User10571.

@Fab Foodie Yes as I said I do want to do a few of the more local (ish) rides. It drags me out of the house and reminds me that meeting folk is good.

Bugger, speaking of which I've just remembered That when looking at doing the Ride London Sunday rides I have only 1 train that gets me there for the start time of 09:00. 07:30 start would mean Driving and Parking in the smoke. Would you be starting from HPC?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cheers @ianrauk and @User10571.

@Fab Foodie Yes as I said I do want to do a few of the more local (ish) rides. It drags me out of the house and reminds me that meeting folk is good.

Bugger, speaking of which I've just remembered That when looking at doing the Ride London Sunday rides I have only 1 train that gets me there for the start time of 09:00. 07:30 start would mean Driving and Parking in the smoke. Would you be starting from HPC?
I will start from Croydon. My Brother in Law lives in Coulsdon so I usually park at/near his place and ride the few miles in (he's probably also cycling). I would imagine it's waaaay easier for you to get to Croydon/Coulsdon, I can help with free parking areas nearby.

Salty seadog

I will start from Croydon. My Brother in Law lives in Coulsdon so I usually park at/near his place and ride the few miles in (he's probably also cycling). I would imagine it's waaaay easier for you to get to Croydon/Coulsdon, I can help with free parking areas nearby.

Thats good I imagined you might start in town so hearing that is making it more possible. I don't know Croydon at all but yes, getting there and parking must be easier.

Top Bottom