England : London London to Cambridge one way Sun 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Gauging interest for a one way London to Cambridge ride as the one posted here needs a more relaxed sister ride.

Starts at Liverpool Street station, 9:30 -10:00 start, ample breaks and gentle pace.

Weekend dates for May or June? Throw your hat in the ring and I'll put dates up!

We'd probably be up for that :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sunday actually works for me now :smile: As long as it's not weekend of 2/3 May or 16/17 May (prior nocturnal riding arrangements made) I'd be in.

rb58

Enigma
I'm in. I like relaxed rides. I might ride back. But then, i might get the train. This far out, any date in May or June wold be good.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If you're talking about an easy-rider 10-12mph pace, then I'm interested. I can reach London early enough on Saturdays but not Sundays. I'd rather avoid the bank holidays (always busy in our tourist area) and the middle weekend in May (usually a charity ride on the Sunday - I expect 17th but the date isn't announced yet) but if that doesn't work for others, never mind.

Last edited:
I'm interested - dates NOT available:
16/17 May - StuAff's IoW night ride as noted above
23/24 May - Fridays tour as mentioned above by TMN
30/31 May - exam revision
TBC 6/7 June - exam revision, though exam date has not yet confirmed, it could be the week prior... in which I would be FREE!
And the rest of June, I am free as a bird - yay!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*throws hat in*
I'm up for this. Leisurely cake rides are always a good idea IMHO.

outlash

also available in orange
I may be interested. FWIW, I've done a couple of London to home (St. Neots) rides this year and it's a good ride. If you need help with the route, let me know (there's an easier way north and a much harder way!). BTW, I'd advise leaving a little earlier as London even on a Sunday morning gets really busy real quick.

Tony.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sadly seems like the 17th is out @mjray for the above reasons- consensus seems to be early May - Sunday 3rd with a start at 9am instead at Liverpool St?

Monday is May bank holiday so depends if people already have plans for that weekend.

Also suggestions and routes for plenty of rest stops would be appreciated.

outlash

also available in orange
If you're heading out of Liverpool St, I think it'd be a good idea to stay east of the A10/A1 and head into Essex, you've only got to cross the A414 and M25 then. You could also do Mott St which is a decent climb. FWIW, this was my route out of London that headed in a more easterly direction: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3315610 .

Tony.

Am up for the 3rd will book it off at work Monday make it a nice long weekend and may even bring a +1 with me if the route is the same or similar to the first running as I can suss the route for them.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Am up for the 3rd will book it off at work Monday make it a nice long weekend and may even bring a +1 with me if the route is the same or similar to the first running as I can suss the route for them.

Before you book, let's see who's around. I think the route might be slightly different as we need more breaks but shouldn't change too much terrain wise.

@outlash will check the route and compare with the one from the out and back ride.

Top Bottom