England : London London to Cambridge one way Sun 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

......BTW, I'd advise leaving a little earlier as London even on a Sunday morning gets really busy real quick.

Tony.
This

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I can't get to Liverpool Street before 11am on Sundays. Yay Great Northern :sad: Oh well, some other time...

Monday 4th May seems an odd day to pick because it should be the big Reach ride from Cambridge to the Reach Fair. If you can get there, it's quite something:look for radwagon's videos on YouTube.

Last edited:
Just to clarify it's Sunday 3rd.

Is 9am still too late a start? :/
For trains on Sundays, yes.
9.30/10.00 from Liverpool Street station as per original post is good.

outlash

also available in orange
FWIW, depending your definition of leisurely, you're looking at around a 60-70 mile route with a couple of stops. Starting anytime after 9, I reckon you'd be getting to Cambridge mid-afternoon at the earliest even going at a decent-ish pace. TBH, I don't have a whole day to ride because of family commitments. The two rides from London I've done this year, I was getting into King's Cross for 8.

Tony.

Well the suggested timeframe for a 100k (63 mile) Audax is usually something like 6.5 to 8 hours, so taking 'all day' sounds reasonable to me - it's a steady touring pace. If you want a fast half-day ride, the there and back one would probably suit you better.
@outlash
To expand on what @User13710 has said: there are TWO London-to-Cambridge rides being planned by @ttcycle. The "fast" one with the early start is here: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/london-to-cambridge.169946/ that has the option to ride half a day and train it back home, or ride the whole day for double the miles.

There were strong undercurrents on the "other" thread to speed it up and start earlier, so @ttcycle decided to offer a more leisurely alternative for those of us resisting those undercurrents. Let's please not allow similar undercurrents to start tugging at this ride, too! There are two options on offer - choose the one that best suits. Not often we get the luxury of choosing like this!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hello Grace, the weekend of the 25/26 April i'm free so may do a slow ride to Cambridge.

Isn't the 3rd of may the Lorry run to Brighton?

Top Bottom