England : London London Cambridge London - date TBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Yep count me in, also a shout out to @toptom and @Ginger James

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Tentative (outward only) depending on date, weather, fitness at the time, alignment of planets etc.
What sort of pace would you expect?

robjh

Legendary Member
Sounds interesting but I might just join you on the way or around Cambridge - 8.30 at HPC would mean a very early start for me, just to ride home again.

Plenty of route ideas to get the best out of the Herts/Essex/Cambs borderlands if you want any.

Date/fitness/trains/OU workload permitting, I'd love to.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nice to see interest!

Prompt start at 8:30 with approximate arrival at Cambridge around 13:00.

Cycling back will be a fraction faster.

@User10571 @topcat1 do you guys have a route so I can plug it into my GPS? If there's a mouseketeer moment at least you'll both know where to head.

Also be worth factoring a rest point part way riding to and from dependent on route.

Possible dates:
Jan 4th, 11th,
Feb 1st, 15th, 22nd
When can people make it?
If weather is too awful then we'll try for spring.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ok, sorry to hear that :sad: maybe another ride.

Think mid point stops may eat into time if the plan is to get there for 13:00. Bring plenty of food.

Start from Liverpool St station

U

User10571

On my route you'll be lucky to find anywhere to stop for food between Ware and when you're at Ickleton - which is practically in Cambridge anyway.
Spar type village shops are as good as it gets, and there aren't many of those, either.
Although I don't use one, I've probably got a GPS route somewhere , or could cobble one together on Bikehike or something - it wouldn't take long

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
@User10571

A cobbled version would be handy.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Jenny.

I'm also thinking of one later in the year just riding to Cambridge with more planned stops and no return trip so less time pressures. Next time I hope?

Top Bottom