London to Southend British Heart Foundation Charity Ride 17 July - anyone going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveThomas

Regular
Hi Guys, is anyone planning on going on the London to Southend British Heart Foundation charity ride Sunday 17 July? I plan on joining this, should be fun, I've never participated in anything like this so if anyone is up for tagging along together that would be great.

Event title: British Heart Foundation 52 mile Charity Ride
Event date/s: * Sunday 17 July
Event location: Hackney to Southend
Event organiser: British Heart Foundation
Your relationship: Participant
Cost of entry: £20 to participate + £13 return to London train fare (optional)
Minimum sponsorship: £0+
Beneficiary: British Heart Foundation
Event link: https://goo.gl/JANB21

Attachments

• london_to_southend_group_640x320.jpg
    london_to_southend_group_640x320.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 97

Lonestar

Veteran
No.Think I last done this over ten years ago and in the 90's (I think)...Good luck.

Used to ride back as well instead of fannying about on the train but I wouldn't know what the roads are like now.Probably not very good.They weren't then.

Victoria Park innit? Christ,how time flies.I also remember on one of the rides a lad doing it on a fixie.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Yep I'm in , really looking forward to it , got a few before that though , tour of Cambridge , London to Brighton

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
No.Think I last done this over ten years ago and in the 90's (I think)...Good luck.

Used to ride back as well instead of fannying about on the train but I wouldn't know what the roads are like now.Probably not very good.They weren't then.

Victoria Park innit? Christ,how time flies.I also remember on one of the rides a lad doing it on a fixie.

Haha, yes its a lightweight ride isn't it, the only way to approach this is to set yourself a time limit to complete it in. I live down that way so won't have to journey back up to London, but good on you for doubling back up on your return trip! Essex is quite hilly, and if that doesn't get you the Essex drivers will :hyper:

Lonestar

Veteran
Haha, yes its a lightweight ride isn't it, the only way to approach this is to set yourself a time limit to complete it in. I live down that way so won't have to journey back up to London, but good on you for doubling back up on your return trip! Essex is quite hilly, and if that doesn't get you the Essex drivers will :hyper:

Well it's not a lightweight ride for me.:hello: I just saw it more of a challenge riding back plus I didn't want to come back by train.Came back by train on the 1993 Brighton Bike Ride and it was a nightmare.

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
Havent entered yet, still thinking about it

I was exactly the same, you just have to go for it! It's a day out and I expect to meet some interesting people, and all for a good cause. I participated in the RideLondon Free Cycle last August, I enjoyed that so thought I would give this a go.

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
Well it's not a lightweight ride for me.:hello: I just saw it more of a challenge riding back plus I didn't want to come back by train.Came back by train on the 1993 Brighton Bike Ride and it was a nightmare.
Haha I get you! To be fair I saw the return travel arrangements by Abellio Greater Anglia being handled very well last year.

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
Also doing this.....theres another thread on it somewhere........

Cool, should be a good crowd and a nice ride down to the coast. I am wondering if any of you guys here would like to meet up at the start and ride together? Im open to it if anyone wants to.

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
No going solo it seems, I'm driving to Southend get the train then peddle back.thats the plan

Cool, should be good, if you are up for meeting and riding down then let me know, I'm setting off from Hockley station (3 stops up from Southend), cheers.

Top Bottom