Looking for a team - Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CycleFun30

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a Pedal for Scotland team, I would like to do the 51 mile ride. Unfortunately my friends are not really keen on cycling, so I thought I would try to find a team on this forum, who knows... :smile:
I regularly cycle to work (about 2x12 miles a day), but I think 51 is still pretty challenging distance... I only want to have fun, the time and the result is not that important.

Cheers
Monika

Coco

You'll have no problem doing the distance if you're cycling regularly. I was only doing 2x5 miles a day and managed it easily enough. Its not an event for fast times. Just enjoy it.

I haven't decided if I'm doing it this year. There's talk of a 100 miler a couple of weeks before, but I'm not sure if I'm up for that yet. Keep an eye on here though.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
We have had a team in past year, trouble is that most of the regulars are getting bored with it, but maybe some of the new people would like to get together and do it as a team. Good luck :thumbsup:

zizou

Veteran
I intend to do it but wont know for sure if i can make it until next week.

This will be my first one do you know if it is a mass start or do you get assigned a time slot like at the etape caledonia?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I should be doing it, so I'm sure we could meet up - just look out for the skinny dork on the black and yellow Felt TT bike :biggrin:

ONWARDS TEAM CC!! :laugh:

Incidentally, I have just realised that this clashes with one of the Sky Rides I had booked, so that will cause me to have to cancel that and rearrange it for another time if possible (they repeat some of the runs).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Or you could all join the CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride which is on the 11th September and meet a load of the CC crew including the famous magnatom...

I saw a guy at the Skyride with a helmet camera and vaguely wondered if it was him. He was at the side of the road talking to someone though and I didn't see them again after that.

Mags, it MUST have been you as everyone knows you are the only person in Glasgow to have a helmet cam, so own up now! :biggrin:

Pedal for cake you say?? the day before you say?? I might be there then I say!!

I saw a guy at the Skyride with a helmet camera and vaguely wondered if it was him. He was at the side of the road talking to someone though and I didn't see them again after that.

Mags, it MUST have been you as everyone knows you are the only person in Glasgow to have a helmet cam, so own up now! :biggrin:

Pedal for cake you say?? the day before you say?? I might be there then I say!!

Wasn't me, so there must be two of us! :ohmy::smile: I was spending the day helping the wife look after sick children! :sad:

If you're coming on PFC, get ye to the thread and post. It's about time it had a wee bump! :smile:

Top Bottom