Looking for a tester/starter roadie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Fancy trying a proper road bike to see if I really like it, hence Im after something s/h rather than new as I dont want to spend money on something than runs the risk of being left sitting in the garage.

Mens road/racing bike (or anything light and running 700c I guess), Im 5'8 (5'9 on a good day, honest guv), 32" leg. Im not looking to spend the earth, the lower under £100 the better. From that you can guess Im not fussed about age, as ,long as its runs and is safe!

South Essex based, so could theoretically do Essex, Kent, Herts or some parts of London is needed.

Cheers

Toby

OP
OP
LosingFocus

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
So, just been out and completed another mostly tarmac run on my MTB. Im really getting in to road biking more now so Im going to bump this thread in the hope someone can help out.

Please help me and stop me going to Decathlon and blowing my savings on their cheapest roadie! :thumbsup:

ShannonBall

Über Member
I am 5ft 8 1/2in and have a Swinnerton that would fit you. I could be persuaded to part with it, but it would be more than £100, but still a good bargain.

Frame is 531 steel, with chromed stays
Wheels Mavic 4CD
Gears Shimano 14-speed 600 tricolor
Cranks 52/42
Cassette 11-28 (plus a 13-23)
Brakes Shimano RX100
Charge Spoon saddle
Cinelli XA stem
Cinelli Giro D'Italia bars
Seatpost San Marco
Pedals are Shimano SPD (optional)

Also fitted with Roadracer Mk 2 mudguards since the photo. Saddlebag and support shown in picture not for sale.

£300

Available at London N12

picture.php

YahudaMoon

Über Member
£100 ?

You'll only get junk for that.
Then again maybe someone will be good enough to give you something nice on here for £100 ?
Good luck with it anyhow
By the way that looks like a bargin for £300 Shannanball

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I bought a Raleigh R100 off eBay for 60 quid needed a new wheel but full Sora triple groupset nice chromo frame. Rode it for over a year before I upgraded, it has been fine.

OP
OP
LosingFocus

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Mrs Focus reminded me of a stash fund I had stored away but felt I should go with a new bike, so to make her happy a Carerra Virtuoso fell into my car boot this morning...

OP
OP
LosingFocus

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Cheers CK. Got a bit of a deal as it was the last one in and had a minor paint scratch. 10% off, bottle holder and tube. Deal done.

Top Bottom