Lord Whisky Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Just rode The Lord Whisky Sportive in Kent, with 2 of my friends, we did the 72 mile course.
My friends also told me Kent was flat & stupidly I believed them!
Lympne Hill has now been renamed LimpKnee Hill as about halfway up my dodgy knee decided it was going on strike, and I had to push the rest of the way up it.
Was saved at the top by a lovely marshall with a packet of Fig Rolls - my fave biscuit Mmmmmmmm.
Was a grey & misty start, but the sun came out for us, bit of a light shower for about 10 mins, 10 miles from the end.
Had several pit stops as my friends chain kept coming off every time she went down to 2 on the front ring, this was also saved by the same lovely marshall with the FiggyRolls, who twiddled something & fixed it!
All in all was a fabulous day, lovely route although some of the roads really could do with some TLC! We will defo be going bcak next year.
LordWhisky.png

Chrisz

Über Member
LOL - It was a cracking route - lots of "undulations" and a decent blast through the marshes.

I was worried I'd under-dressed at the start but soon warmed up and the weather improved nicely :smile: :smile:

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Undulations... ROFL!!
I think I used every swear word known to man getting up a fair few of them :whistle:

I have to say that the car drivers of rural Kent are fabulous, riding on some very narrow, bendy lanes & only encountered a couple of twits, they were all more then happy to wait patiently behind us as we crawled along, we did pull in & let a lot pass when we could, recieved cheerful toots, smiling faces, hands waving out windows & lots of encouragemnet - NEVER experienced that before!!

Chrisz

Über Member
Good stuff - you must have missed the myopic caravan towers at the top then - one looked us right in the eye then continued to pull out into us! He seemed a little surprised to find me pointing out the error of his ways to him!

Other than that most of the traffic encountered was pretty good - no close passes :smile:but as you said earlier - some of the roads would have been more at home in the Somme! :smile:

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
LOL! I do wonder about some folk, they see you coming on a bike & automaticaly think you'll be slow enough for them to pull out, even when they towing bloody caravans :wacko:
I did get to use my Airzound once, flying down a hill I spotted the nose of a car moving out from a behind a hedge at the bottom of the hill, there was car parked on the road, which would obstruct it's view - I only spotted it as we were higher up, on the flat it would have been a whole different story, I gave a TootToot on the air horn as I got closer, there were at least 4 other bikes behind me, one of which was my friend who had never heard my horn before - don't know who got more of a fright the old driver or my mate
:laugh:

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I haven't seen this as an epithet since I was a teenager (quite a long time ago ;)) we must be of similar vintage :biggrin:
It's one of my favourite utterances!
No idea where/when I first heard it, just always seemed to have used it.. And I have just entered my fourth decade on this good planet
:whistle:

Jaristokraatti

Oh yeah, Lord Whisky in the name and what were we given at feed station: WATER!

Scam!

Top Bottom