Losing faith in Tredz Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Seems like I'm walking through treacle trying to get hold of 2 tyres.

Next time I think it'll be LBS or Halfords - hate to say the latter as know they're more expensive and also have a bad rep but seems like they'd get them easier in store than it's taking me now.

Ordered online 2 continental tyres.. no problem. Only to get a phonecall at end of following day saying they're out of stock and won't be in till 20 something of September.
They emailed pic of new tyre they wanted to send which I refused as too slick for where I cycle.

Chose the Schwalbe road cruisers via email, and then phoned them when I could 4 hours later as nothing received in response. Spoke to someone gave all details, confirmed they'd be sent. This is on Thursday. He said they'd be here Tuesday by the latest.

Called today to confirm they're on their way as waiting in for 2nd day - bike now in pieces waiting..
and they've no trace of my confirming replacement :eek: but took the money yesterday from my account.

So, re-ordered Schwalbe's with a guy who didn't even so much as apologise. Last chance if they mess this up now then they can forget them and refund my money. :cycle:

Grr, I hate getting faffy over stores but to not even have the order is just shoddy IMO. They should have at least been following up on my email, or the guy I spoke to on Wednesday should be picking up on the fact my order is outstanding. I could have got these delivered to Halford store next day.

potsy

Rambler
I gave up on Tredz for similar experiences to yours, never seemed to have stock despite taking the order and payment.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Somewhat relieved it's not just me, and I'm not over reacting.

I gave up on Tredz for similar experiences to yours, never seemed to have stock despite taking the order and payment.
I have cancelled the order and had my money refunded faster than they could get the order right.. 4th phone call demonstrated they'd STILL not got the order right or actioned and had i not phoned back to check they weren't going to take double funds I'd have waited another 2 days to find this out.

Just shows paypal is more efficient than Tredz.

Many bad reports of Tredz on various forums.
Unbelievable they've been. I rang back again as they'd taken the cash for the original tyres and wanted to check no risk of double payment.
they STILL didn't have the right tyres listed and he tried assuring me he'd send the complete slicks that they'd wanted to send in the first place. I had refused them 3 times by this point so I gave up and asked for a refund.

Wiggle, CRC, Ribble and Probikekit are the internet retailers to go to, if they say they have it in stock they do and on the very rare occasion one of them has cocked up with an order of mine they've sorted it quickly and efficiently.

Really disappointed as I didn't see much feedback other than people suggesting them for buying bikes but if they can't supply tyres no way I'd buy a bike from them.

I tried my LBS but at £18 each I've had to let money do the talking and go to Halfords - they should be in store for me tomorrow lunchtime -lets see if they can at least deliver on that promise.

puffinbilly

Veteran
I had a similar experience last year with Tredz re tyres - took the order no sign of tyres then when I rang up they only had one in stock - situation went on for two or three weeks with one tyre arriviing then the other about a week later.

Re your bike being in bits - I find if you talk softly to it, it helps no end :laugh:

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I had a similar experience last year with Tredz re tyres - took the order no sign of tyres then when I rang up they only had one in stock - situation went on for two or three weeks with one tyre arriviing then the other about a week later.

Re your bike being in bits - I find if you talk softly to it, it helps no end :laugh:
nightmare situation.
:laugh: I :smooch:my :bicycle: bike arlier, she's happy again now.. if I can bring her two tyres home tomorrow I know she'll forgive me :smile:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Even in store, Tredz Swansea seems to have a poor selection of tyres generally. Way too much store space is given over to Specialized products. They do seem to have a massive selection of supplements/energy drinks and every bicycle light going though which makes the failure to stock a good range of bicycles tyres even more perplexing.

I suspect they are also running the new Giant Store in Swansea (it's at the same address)

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Even in store, Tredz Swansea seems to have a poor selection of tyres generally. Way too much store space is given over to Specialized products. They do seem to have a massive selection of supplements/energy drinks and every bicycle light going though which makes the failure to stock a good range of bicycles tyres even more perplexing.

I suspect they are also running the new Giant Store in Swansea (it's at the same address)
I haven't been in it as don't go to the 'city' very much. lol you'd never think I grew up in London would you. :tongue:

Sounds like a case of too commercial and aimed at bike sales.. I'll forget them for the future.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Cultivate that relationship with your LBS, it might serve you in the long run.
I think I will :smile: I'd really like my next bike to be preloved but in better condition - something retro or vintage even so might be he can help and I'll buy bits there of course.

Effyb4

Veteran
Cultivate that relationship with your LBS, it might serve you in the long run.
+1 My LBS are brilliant. They often manage to do things for us the same day, because we are regulars and if it's something small, they don't tend to charge us. They've put prices up, but are keeping them at the old price for regular customers. ^_^

Big Nick

In my experience they were rubbish

I've tried ordering on two different occasions and each time the website said in stock, each time they rang me saying they were out of stock and would have them in in a few weeks time, I wasted several weeks only for them to not get the items in and I had to cancel

To me they are only interested in bike sales and can't be arsed with the parts and accessories side of their business

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
+1 My LBS are brilliant. They often manage to do things for us the same day, because we are regulars and if it's something small, they don't tend to charge us. They've put prices up, but are keeping them at the old price for regular customers. ^_^

Will defo try my best then.. just I'm on a budget so most work will be done ourselves but I do need some work so it'll make a start and I fused their dog when I was in there yesterday so that has to count for something with Mrs LBS at least ;)

In my experience they were rubbish

I've tried ordering on two different occasions and each time the website said in stock, each time they rang me saying they were out of stock and would have them in in a few weeks time, I wasted several weeks only for them to not get the items in and I had to cancel

To me they are only interested in bike sales and can't be arsed with the parts and accessories side of their business

Awful that it's so common place, I'm glad now I didn't try to wait out longer, I felt bad cancelling but not anymore.

Top Bottom