Lots of idiots on the road today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
I went for a 25 mile cycle today as it is my only day off work this week. I encountered more than normal road muppets. So I thought I would share the muppets with the forum.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Some of the cars were a bit iffy I suppose. But you know those green bits of tarmac and all those black bits of tarmac, well pedestrians have priority on them. You may need to relax a little. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mr_Kipling

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
Some of the cars were a bit iffy I suppose. But you know those green bits of tarmac and all those black bits of tarmac, well pedestrians have priority on them. You may need to relax a little. :thumbsup:
So on a segregated cycle lane peds still have right of way over cyclists even if they are in the cycle section? if so I have learnt something new today. AT 1.44 in the video a ped looks at me and then walks in front of me,(on shared use section not segregated) I slowed down and gave way like I should on that sheared use section, however in my opinion he is still an idiot for walking in front of me when he could see me coming even tho he had right of way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr_Kipling

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
The mum and kids crossing the road are not muppets. They are already crossing so they have priority over you.
They were not already crossing the road, They decided to cross in the middle of a the road from a side road. watch it again. I stopped because it was not safe to leave them there. here is the section of road on google street view https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6NBuziyeOoR1yrIE3V19Ew!2e0

vickster

Legendary Member
wow I never knew that. Do you have a link to where the law says this? Don't get me wrong, I will always give way in any in any circumstance, if it means there is less chance of a collision, even if it is my right of way
It's in the Highway Code or similar under guidance for cyclists or similar. Also Sustrans, and cyclecraft

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/change-your-travel/get-cycling/cycling-code-conduct-shared-use-paths

The more vulnerable space user should be deferred too

OP
OP
Mr_Kipling

Mr_Kipling

Über Member

vickster

Legendary Member
It's the same, it's not one on a road with a solid white line. Many pedestrians won't even be aware of the segregation in my experience so no point getting antagonistic

Top Bottom