Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Put me down as a possible. Reckon I'd drive up to Piccadilly and get the train back after a fish supper. I assume bikes on that train line are ok? Hmmm, all day parking on Saturday - is that an issue there?

Martin

No problem re parking, I can advise somewhere cheapish nearer the time. Bikes on train are fine. There's about a zillion posts on this topic on the 2015 thread but, in summary, you can book a space on the train from Llandudno. Spaces are limited. But even if you don't have a booked space the staff are pretty relaxed and let bikes on. Never been a problem

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
mmh will decide shortly shift pattern good but clash with FNRttC will have a good think on this.

Sorry about the move to 0800 start too. I did 0900 in 2015 to allow folk to travel up from London but in reality everyone came up the night before. Hence me giving an extra hour for 2016. Appreciate that this might make it a non-starter for you and I apologise for that

si_c

Guru
Excellent. I'll stay as a Manchester start for now, I may need to switch to Eureka though, depends on how the boss views things and if I can get to Manc that early on a saturday morning :wacko:

mike3121

Ive been looking forward to doing this ride again, as you have said surley the weather has to be better. you can put me down as a definite, but undecided on Eureka start again or go the full distance, I have a lot more miles in my legs now after my Coast 2 Coast ride (and all the training that went before it) my furthest distance upto now is 72 miles but I'm sure I could last the distance, on the flat route

doughnut

Veteran
You all must have impressed my wife last year. She says she will drive from Manchester to Llandudno again, so anyone who wants to sling overnight bags into the back of the car at Piccadilly and pick them up later on is welcome.

And I almost daren't really say it but if anyone has a mechanical along the way, then maybe she will be able to help (again). I've heard that lightning never strikes the same place twice though, so I am feeling lucky.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Yes please. Alty start.

Just you or can you persuade your lads it won't be quite so awful as last time?

Sorry about the move to 0800 start too. I did 0900 in 2015 to allow folk to travel up from London but in reality everyone came up the night before. Hence me giving an extra hour for 2016. Appreciate that this might make it a non-starter for you and I apologise for that
Not a Problem but think the clash with the FNRttC will be the decider as t he girlfriend wants to try night rides next year....

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I think the earlier start is a good idea, it will ease the time pressure a bit :smile:. Whether I come along or not depends on how fit I am, but this time I'll hope to have the route available to me so I don't hold people up if I get left behind. And knowing it's possible to bail out is helpful too. I'd like to have another go at this ride, and I have done the Southend FNR lots of times. Southend is a great one for a beginner @Nigel182, but I'm sure you know that already.

You're on the list. Hope you can make it....so long as you promise not to puncture this time

I think the earlier start is a good idea, it will ease the time pressure a bit :smile:. Whether I come along or not depends on how fit I am, but this time I'll hope to have the route available to me so I don't hold people up if I get left behind. And knowing it's possible to bail out is helpful too. I'd like to have another go at this ride, and I have done the Southend FNR lots of times. Southend is a great one for a beginner @Nigel182, but I'm sure you know that already.
True there
Southend good as I know the route and area well may even try the Whitstable too as the Cafè there is a real good one

Top Bottom