Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I will be doing the same as last year and driving back after getting there , but this time will get changed straight away and get into the pub for a Cpl of hours before the off ,this year I made the mistake of sitting outside the pub getting frozen to the bone instead of getting changed and warm.

Last edited:

mike3121

Why oh why did I not book Travelodge last week??????????????

todays price £63

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Well its now the same year as the ride, i have signed up again for the coast to coast in a day ride so have started training for that (never done "Training" before, always "just gone out for a ride") but alas i thought i better take it a bit more serious this year as 13 hrs on the bike last time meant my eyes were shutting as i tried to eat my fish and chips on the sea front at Whitby.
This in mind the ride to Llandudno is a great 100 miler in the build up, and as the weather outside at the moment is not the best (anyone would think its winter) i have been on the Spin O Matic in the spare bedroom, spinning away to the sounds of AC/DC, and watching the heart rate on the Garmin to make sure i am actually
Cyclechat.JPG
making an effort to burn off the Christmas ring of of chubbiness around the waist, so as to get the Cycle Chat Jersey on for this years ride.

Is everyone else slim and toned and ready to go...

Could I please go on the list? I'm in Liverpool so Manchester start should be OK.

mike3121

Has the decision been made as to if it is the flatter or the hillier route? (please be the flat route for my 1st 100m)

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Has the decision been made as to if it is the flatter or the hillier route? (please be the flat route for my 1st 100m)

The idea is to offer the alternative. Riders can choose either the flatter or hiller alternative to get from Eureka Café to Rhyl. The hillier route is....hillier. But it's more scenic. The flatter route is obviously easier but the A548 isn't particularly nice

I'd suggest making sure you have both routes. When you get to N Wales you can decide how you're feeling. I've a feeling there will be a few doing either route so you won't be on your own no matter which one you choose.

The hillier and flatter routes are almost the same mileage, the difference is about 1000ft of climbing. So maybe faster riders would take the hillier route and probably meet up with less fast riders where the routes converge

Top Bottom