Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike3121

Now the ride starts at 8am? right?
there is a train from Liverpool Lime street arrives at 8.02am
would it be asking to much to delay the start for 2 minutes? or do I get earlier train?

si_c

Guru
would it be asking to much to delay the start for 2 minutes? or do I get earlier train?
I was thinking about that train too, will be getting up super early as it is (I rarely get up before 10 on a saturday if I can :laugh::laugh:), but most likely I will get the slightly earlier one to MCV, gets in a bit earlier and it's only a few minutes ride over to Piccadilly.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

You can ride fast and catch us up :tongue:

Actually a couple of minutes late start is no problem but I see @si_c has a good suggestion for Manchester Victoria instead. As he says, it's only a few minutes over to Manchester Piccadilly

Please let me know your final arrangements nearer the time

mike3121

I was thinking about that train too, will be getting up super early as it is (I rarely get up before 10 on a saturday if I can :laugh::laugh:), but most likely I will get the slightly earlier one to MCV, gets in a bit earlier and it's only a few minutes ride over to Piccadilly.

There is a train that arrives at Piccadilly at 07.41 but I like the idea of getting the train to Victoria as it is a 1.1m ride and that could make the difference if the ride to Llandudno falls a little short of the 100 mile mark

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
There is a train that arrives at Piccadilly at 07.41 but I like the idea of getting the train to Victoria as it is a 1.1m ride and that could make the difference if the ride to Llandudno falls a little short of the 100 mile mark

The flatter route is officially 98.9 miles so your extra 1.1 sounds just right. If you take the hillier option at Flint then it's 102.4 miles anyway

Worst comes to the worst you can ride up and down Llandudno prom a bit to get the century

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Update: Train scheduled to arrive at 2028 so I may make an appearance after all.

Great stuff. The pub is a 15 minute walk/5 minute ride from the train station

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I am interested in doing this ride but cannot confirm until much nearer the time. Can I just turn up on the day?

Here's how it works.....

I will stick you on the "Expressions of Interest" list on post #1. This means you will get any PMs that I send out relating to this ride.

A day or two before the ride date I will ask everyone on the Expressions of Interest to confirm whether they are riding or not. This way I know exactly who is turning up and where so we aren't hanging around for someone who isn't turning up anyway. Anyone who doesn't confirm one way or another is assumed to not be riding

As a matter of good manners anyone who says they are riding but has to pull out at the last minute or is running late needs to either post on here (I will ask a rider to keep an eye on the thread on the day of the ride itself) or send me an SMS

Other than that, just keep an eye on the thread for updates etc

tommaguzzi

Über Member
OK got that nickyboy. I would probly stay the night in Llandudno then ride caernarfon (for old time's sake)
next day and back to Bangor for the train home. Work commitments or Mrs t could scupper me though but I will confirm one way or the other. Thanks for your quick reply.

Top Bottom