Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I had forgotten I will have to practice walking to

Recommend the flip-flops. I pop a pair in my jersey pocket, they weigh next to nothing. When I go in the café I leave my cycling shoes clipped into the pedals and put on the flip-flops on. Much more comfortable. Also can be used in chip shops, pubs, ropey nightclubs, late night kebab shops :okay:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
. . . . . . . just use platforms, . . . . . . .

. . .to impress the ladies in the pub, afterwards ?

platformshoes.gif

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I won't need any mapping device as I will be joining you either in Rhyl or somewhere in Prestatyn. By then you should all be a bit tired so I should be able to keep up with you on the way to Llandudno, at the back of the pack of course. Lanterne rouge, that's me. :okay:

gavroche

Just thought, how many of you are doing this ride so far?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I won't need any mapping device as I will be joining you either in Rhyl or somewhere in Prestatyn. By then you should all be a bit tired so I should be able to keep up with you on the way to Llandudno, at the back of the pack of course. Lanterne rouge, that's me. :okay:

Nooooooo way!

You and I know the NCN5 is a bit tricky in places so I'm nominating you to be Lanterne blanc:tongue:...........our guiding light

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just thought, how many of you are doing this ride so far?

It's a good question. I PM'd everyone who has expressed interest in the ride (that's about 58). I got replies from about 40 of which about 35 are up for it. But some folk are doing all of it, some are doing 1st half, some are doing 2nd half so it's a bit of a moveable feast.

No idea if any of the 18 who didn't reply to the PM are planning on coming or not but seems like we have quite a lot (let's see what happens nearer the date when the weather forecast becomes clearer)

gavroche

Nooooooo way!

You and I know the NCN5 is a bit tricky in places so I'm nominating you to be Lanterne blanc:tongue:...........our guiding light
The only tricky bit is a very sharp slope in Llandulas, but only about 100 metres long and up the Little Orme just before Llandudno. It usually takes me 3 minutes to ride it but don't forget, I am slow. Parts of the cycling path is narrow so we will have to form an orderly line, avoiding dogs and walkers, but usually ok.

Top Bottom