Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I don't half look after the ride participants.

I called up Fish Tram Chips re Saturday and they have agreed to extend the "last orders" from 1900 to 1915 and the chucking out from 1930 to 2000...........just for us. They will try to seat us all inside but it's small so maybe some of the hardy souls will have to sit outside and peer longing through the window at the rest of us ensconced in centrally-hearted loveliness

This gives 10hrs 15mins from leaving Piccadilly to get to the chippy. As I've mentioned elsewhere, if you're a bit tight even on the extended time, get someone who is there to order for you to make sure you don't miss out. Worst case scenario is go to the pub across the road which serves food all evening (I think)

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Worst case scenario is go to the pub across the road which serves food all evening (I think)

As worst case scenarios go, that's pretty good !

mike3121

I have been keeping an eye on the weather forecast, lets hope they get it wrong again!

I hope the weather dosent put to many people off

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
REVISED GPX FILES

I have slightly modified the gpx files that I've already sent you to take into account a diversion at Rhyl and also a closure at Connah's Quay

The revised files are loaded on Post#1 of the thread. Please use these files on the day, these are the final versions

Foy the old skool amongst us I have also attached the cuesheet file if you're going all audax stylee

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
At least on the coast a headwind is constant, not a gusty affair you get in towns.

Pjays666

Über Member
Weather seems to be looking better every day. Who knows we may need sun cream by sat. After a weekend cycling in the lakes last week it will make a change for a flatter route and will be good to put a face to some of the names too.

Ootini

Anyone wishing to post anything to Llandudno for the evening / next day, I'd say this is your last chance. PM me for more info.

Ta

doughnut

Veteran
My wifes luggage pickup from Piccadilly is still going ahead. We're planning on arriving at Piccadilly short stay car park just after 8:30am. I'm pretty sure that you can stay there free for 20 mins, so anyone who wants to can sling their bag in the back of the car. Its a red Vauxhall Astra estate(GV61FWZ) - I will have my bike leaning up against the boot until around 8:50. The car park is on Fairfield Street, and there are lifts there to get you directly into Piccadilly station and just a couple of hundred yards to the ride meeting point.

Might be worth sticking your mobile number on your bag. PM me and I will know to expect your bag and hang around as long as possible. I'll give you my mobile number as well, so I can tell you now much I got for your stuff on ebay.:laugh: Hopefully, my wife will find a car park very close to the fish and chip shop in Llandudno and you can collect them from there.

My wife hasn't decided yet, but she wants to go for a run and most likely places are Marbury Country Park or along the prom at Llandudno. Good chance she will also meet us at Eureka and if so she can take bags there as well. If she goes for the Marbury/Eureka plan, then she will probably be close enough to the cyclists (at least for the first part) to help if there are any serious mechanical problems ( I can text her my GPS position from my phone, and I have until Saturday to teach her what to do with that text message^_^)

Top Bottom