Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sort the quoting out !

What time you planning on being at eureka cafe ? Yeah I know it's months away but if I don't tell her early doors she will act all dippy

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sort the quoting out !

What time you planning on being at eureka cafe ? Yeah I know it's months away but if I don't tell her early doors she will act all dippy

Ride timings are predicated on maintaining a 12mph average. Never having done a group ride before I honestly don't know if this is achievable or not. Hopefully the faster riders can help along those who aren't so fast.

Provisionally, 9am start, ride to Eureka @12mph and a 15 min wee stop at Marbury CP on the way should get us there about 1.20pm.

The thing at the back of my mind is that some riders will be wanting to train back Saturday evening. I want to get us to Llandudno in enough time for them to enjoy fish and chips and a couple of beers before they have to head back, hence hoping for 12mph (which gets us to Llandudno about 6pm)

KneesUp

Guru
I've discussed this with the OH as taking part presents logistical issues to do with a small child and living 45 miles east of the start - I'm now in subject to work commitments, which I won't be sure of until nearer the time because I'ver persuaded her that a day out in Llandudno while she waits for me will be lovely. Unfortunatley I think the deal will be that I'll drive us home afterwards :smile:

Freds Dad

Veteran
Looking forward to this but need to get some miles in beforehand.

As I live in Macclesfield I was looking to meet up somewhere between Knutsford and Northwich. I know it's early days but are there any plans for meet up points en route?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looking forward to this but need to get some miles in beforehand.

As I live in Macclesfield I was looking to meet up somewhere between Knutsford and Northwich. I know it's early days but are there any plans for meet up points en route?

You're in luck. I am going to modify the route very slightly to accommodate a quick toilet stop at Marbury Country Park which seems to be about the right place for you.

I'm thinking of "official" meetup points of Manchester Piccadilly, Altrincham, Marbury CP and Eureka Café.

400bhp

Guru
I would join from Talacre but I will be doing a 200km Audax from the Eureka café that day! :sad:

Yeah, and...

:evil:

Twinks

Über Member
Hi nickyboy me and hubby would love to join this ride if you'll have us. :smile: Hopefully for the full route, we are also from Glossop so could drive or train to Picadilly. New to cycling this year and no spring chickens but not short of enthusiasm. Have already covered quite a bit of your planned route and would be good to ride it all together. Not sure about a late stay after ride as have critters at home to see to but sure we'd manage a beer or two.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi nickyboy me and hubby would love to join this ride if you'll have us. :smile: Hopefully for the full route, we are also from Glossop so could drive or train to Picadilly. New to cycling this year and no spring chickens but not short of enthusiasm. Have already covered quite a bit of your planned route and would be good to ride it all together. Not sure about a late stay after ride as have critters at home to see to but sure we'd manage a beer or two.:rolleyes:

You're on the list. Living on Chunal (a nasty, steep hill for those who don't know it) you deserve a flat ride like this. I'll be taking train to Piccadilly on the day

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You're on the list. Living on Chunal (a nasty, steep hill for those who don't know it) you deserve a flat ride like this. I'll be taking train to Piccadilly on the day
I could (and will) research it but you may know - is a train from New Mills feasible too?

400bhp

Guru
I did the route today.

Here's a couple of teasers:
20141129_125608.jpg

20141129_132359.jpg

20141129_134252.jpg

Top Bottom