Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Might have to make a weekend of it. Book a family room and send the crew down with the team car on saturday
So is she going to run us home after a few pints or in the morning after breakfast...... :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru

You're right, I did!

Friendly place. I had a nice chat with the owners of the bike shop. Apparently, the cafe is affiliated to them and they seemed to be having a bit of difficulty to get the cafe to promote the bike shop and vice versa. I gave a bit of feedback, like get the cafe to stock some water bottles and gels etc, and get a discount off bike shop purchases/coffee if you buy something in either premises.

tournut

Hi nickyboy me and hubby would love to join this ride if you'll have us. :smile: Hopefully for the full route, we are also from Glossop so could drive or train to Picadilly. New to cycling this year and no spring chickens but not short of enthusiasm. Have already covered quite a bit of your planned route and would be good to ride it all together. Not sure about a late stay after ride as have critters at home to see to but sure we'd manage a beer or two.:rolleyes:
Hi all ill do it if you have me, but going on to betws y coed. How fast you go?. Have front and rear panniers so speed not great. Done last year took 9hour, put tent up and few beers later passed out.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi all ill do it if you have me, but going on to betws y coed. How fast you go?. Have front and rear panniers so speed not great. Done last year took 9hour, put tent up and few beers later passed out.

You're very welcome and I'll stick you on the "Expressions of Interest" in post#1. Regarding speed if you can do Alty to Betws y Coed in 9 hours then it'll be no problem for you. I'm working on 12mph + stops, Probably get to Llandudno about 1800-1830. There will be an official meet up point at Altrincham that I'll notify everyone of nearer the ride date

tournut

You're very welcome and I'll stick you on the "Expressions of Interest" in post#1. Regarding speed if you can do Alty to Betws y Coed in 9 hours then it'll be no problem for you. I'm working on 12mph + stops, Probably get to Llandudno about 1800-1830. There will be an official meet up point at Altrincham that I'll notify everyone of nearer the ride date
Thanks looking forward to it and meeting new cycling buddys.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Thanks looking forward to it and meeting new cycling buddys.

You'll have a great time - I've really enjoyed all the CChat rides that I've done . . . even the ones where they've left me behind . . . I think that it may have been deliberate :smile:

You'll meet some really great folk; crazy as feck of course {apart from me}, but great company. :hugs:

tournut

Tha
You'll have a great time - I've really enjoyed all the CChat rides that I've done . . . even the ones where they've left me behind . . . I think that it may have been deliberate :smile:

You'll meet some really great folk; crazy as feck of course {apart from me}, but great company. :hugs:
Thanks pubrunner, looking forward to it. Am allways over in wales in march to sept. Mainly betws as use that place as my base to tour around. Next year i do south america. One year on the road.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Tha
Thanks pubrunner, looking forward to it. Am allways over in wales in march to sept. Mainly betws as use that place as my base to tour around. Next year i do south america. One year on the road.

I see you are from Alty . . . . . Very many years ago, I worked in the Cresta Court.

I know the pubs in Alty very well - the Malt Shovels used to do a great pub lunch and often had live music in the evenings. Good beer too - Sam Smiths. There was a pub in Broadheath - The Railway (IIRC) that was most unusual; whereas virtually all pubs would be licensed to sell Beer, Wines & Spirits, it was licensed to sell only Beer - a traditional ale house.

tournut

I see you are from Alty . . . . . Very many years ago, I worked in the Cresta Court.

I know the pubs in Alty very well - the Malt Shovels used to do a great pub lunch and often had live music in the evenings. Good beer too - Sam Smiths. There was a pub in Broadheath - The Railway (IIRC) that was most unusual; whereas virtually all pubs would be licensed to sell Beer, Wines & Spirits, it was licensed to sell only Beer - a traditional ale house.
No music in the malt anymore. But round the market area loads of good belgium bars, place totaly changed from years ago.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
BUMP

View of the pub from the chippie:
IMG_8453.JPG

View of the chippie from the pub:
IMG_8452.JPG

View from the middle of the road:
IMG_8448.JPG

The Travelodge:
IMG_8454.JPG

Attachments