Manchester people on bikes......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't want to behave like traffic.

If you're using the road you ARE traffic.

Behaving unlike traffic is likely why you have so many conflicts, riding too near the kerb.

Ride like traffic there will be less close passes, less door zones, better visibility for people pulling out, as they're looking where the traffic IS.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

Behaving unlike traffic is likely why you have so many conflicts, riding too near the kerb.

Ride like traffic there will be less close passes, less door zones, better visibility for people pulling out, as they're looking where the traffic IS.
I'm not convinced that some people on here understand just how busy the 'curry mile' area is. I've cycles it a few times during rush hour traffic, and it isn't something I'd like to do regularly.

I'm not convinced that some people on here understand just how busy the 'curry mile' area is. I've cycles it a few times during rush hour traffic, and it isn't something I'd like to do regularly.

I certainly know how busy curry mile is. It's not a fun road in a car nevermind on a bicycle. But it is certainly not a road I would try and ride in secondary position!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
@SavageHoutkop Saying that he dislikes primary, and suffers from lots of close passes.

I was making the connection between very busy roads like curry mile, and remaining in secondary. Vs being traffic in Primary.
ah, I missed that, but tbf, close passes would happen in that area even if one was in primary. For some reason the driving standards seem to drop and there's a lot more Mr Wheelers (the oldies will get the Disney reference).

Wow, just wow.

Um, ok. Fancy answering the question now? If you ride around with this massive chip on your shoulder I think I know why you don't enjoy riding.

OP
OP
SavageHoutkop

SavageHoutkop

Veteran

By 'conflict' I mean drivers getting angry that you are in the middle of the lane.

OP
OP
SavageHoutkop

SavageHoutkop

Veteran
ah, I missed that, but tbf, close passes would happen in that area even if one was in primary. For some reason the driving standards seem to drop and there's a lot more Mr Wheelers (the oldies will get the Disney reference).
It was never passes that were the issue there it was idiots deciding they actually were going to turn / uturn / park / reverse / whatever, especially in the evenings. Mornings usually few issues.

Top Bottom