Mary Manning's Transport Committee evidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow, brilliant.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you get in the saddle with a victim mentality, you are unlikely to be disappointed. I ride on the same roads. London isn't a problem at all. Most drivers are extremely good. Sure, they gabble and text at red lights, but they tend to behave a bit better when they are rolling. Not ideal, but workable.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Workable for those in the know, but for visitors it's pretty grim when compared with other European cities, but it's improving:smile:.
I'm not "in the know" and I'm not a highly skilled cyclist by any stretch of the imagination. I simply don't see London drivers displaying the level of aggression that Mary Mannings described. It's entirely possible that I'm just thick skinned or unobservant. It's sad that she feels the way she does. Cycling can't be much fun.

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm not "in the know" and I'm not a highly skilled cyclist by any stretch of the imagination. I simply don't see London drivers displaying the level of aggression that Mary Mannings described. It's entirely possible that I'm just thick skinned or unobservant. It's sad that she feels the way she does. Cycling can't be much fun.
I agree she does seem to suffer a lot, I have not been harassed by drivers, most of my problems there are due to lack of local knowledge:smile:.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

It's entirely possible that I'm just thick skinned or unobservant. It's sad that she feels the way she does.

No other explanation occurs to you?

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

You think nothing should be done about people who deliberately drive cars at women on bikes? Then why keep commenting on this thread? Other people have experiences different from yours. That's self-evident, why are you desperate to point it out?

Top Bottom