Maxims to live your life by

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Married life is easier if you accept that even when she is wrong, your wife is always right.

No, but I try to be consistent so they know I'm going to ask what their thoughts are so they think it through before they meet me.

In my case, I'm trying to develop them into sales managers responsible for a territory. They have to be able to think through problems and come up with ways to fix them - that satisfies the customer without costing the company. If I fix every problem for them they never learn, they never develop and they'll never progress.

Yes - but that is proper management

the difference is that "Management Sayings" are there to remind proper managers about things - to some extent - but for overpromoted well connected idiots to use to show that they are managers and to unload all their problems - i.e. the ones they cannot deal with themselves - onto their underlings who they can then blame
which is Bad management

I have been reasonably lucky and not worked for, or with, many properly bad managers and a few really good ones
and the really bad ones were normally a few level above me (see "overpromoted above) so I was shielded from the worst effects

gbb

Legendary Member
My experience of this is:
Flying economy is a horrible way to travel.
Flying business is still a horrible way to travel, but makes a few feeble efforts to pretend that it isn't. It fails, and still takes the same amount of time.

I must have been consistently lucky.
Tbf I never flew Ryan and just the once EasyJet. Normally via national airlines, Cyprus Airways were consistently brilliant, even in 'economy'
Iberian, while the cabin staff are a bit snooty, I flew business class back from S America , two 'pods' side by side that sat up and reclined fully to an almost bed, good food and service...and quiet. I remember looking past the dividing curtain and seeing 'cattle class' (the way we got there) with everyone wedged in like sardines. You only notice it from the outside sometimes.
Czech Airlines, flew business class back to the UK,some of the first flights in the air post the volcano incident, a little less luxurious but good food and again, quiet and spacious. I paid for those, but given the circumstances, we'd both been cooped up in less than brilliant accommodation...it was a nice bit of luxury.
Or perhaps my standards are fairly low, easily pleased. :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
There isn't any other class on charter flights.

Good point. Nevertheless, it's charter flights that most people will endure.
We did use the lounge once, that was ok, quiet, staff announce boarding and you kinda got shepherded on rather than joining the neck craning shuffling, impatient throng all trying to get on at the same time. We always hang back, board almost last, it's far less stressful.

Top Bottom