Mental MP3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Mental MP3 - Your Soundtrack to Cycling

I dont want a discussion on whether you should or should not us an MP3 while riding, but if your like me and there is nothing pressing to mull over I have a mental soundtrack that seems to repeat in my head, this varies depending on mood and speed etc but a few songs keep popping up.

Currently its

1. Audioslave - Shadow On The Sun
2. Jimi Hendrix - Cross Town Traffic
3. Elbow - One Day Like This

These are not my favourite songs of all time or part of my top 5 desert island tracks but seem to have emmerged as my mental cycling soundtrack!

Anyone else do the same? If so what are they?

nilling

Über Member
My all-time fave has to be...

The Clash - [Sandinista! Disc 2 #17] Career Opportunities

Especially on the ride home from work ;)

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
No one? maybe I am just mental and have an MP3 player suck on a 3 song loop wedged inside my noggin?

Or maybe this type of post has been done to death?

montage

God Almighty
Hmmm I do have songs go through my head, but I can't remember what songs they are! Usually very odd songs though! However when you are really pushing yourself through the paces, I don't find this MP3 mode useful :biggrin:

It is funny that when being bollocked/told off, usually all that you can hear is "Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go round".... funny stuff this music malarky

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell Takes a while sometimes to get the bloody song out of my head

None but I can measure a mile by reciting the lyrics to Bat Out of Hell whilst mentally playing the music in my head; howzat?

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Crackle said:
None but I can measure a mile by reciting the lyrics to Bat Out of Hell whilst mentally playing the music in my head; howzat?

That is something to be proud of! :laugh:;)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I had 'help me somebody' from the My life in the bush of ghosts this morning

Amanda P

Legendary Member
My brain always seems to default to "Sunny Side of the Street".

I often wake up with a tune stuck in my head. It seems to have been the soundtrack to what I was dreaming.

FBOAB

"I'm happy" - Ivor Cutler. Been there since I was about ten when my brother used to sing it around the house. Until it appeared as the sig tune to something on BBC I never knew what it was but round my head it went, all those years...

Kovu

Über Member
I always seem to have Cash's 'Folsom Prision' or 'Ring of Fire' going round in my head.

Top Bottom