Meriden Metric Meander (forum ride Sun 4th Sept.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Bit damp start, but thoroughly enjoyable day. Thanks Colin for putting the ride together - some cracking roads, and my first spotting of a polecat!

Good to meet ColinJ, Mr Phoebus on his fixed and Dave_R.

Managed 90 miles in total, including riding to and from Meriden.

Martin

D

Deleted member 1258

More than a bit damp and not as planned at the start, to much dashing about, I was starting to pay for that towards the end, but a cracking Sunday just the same, my thanks to colinj for putting the ride together, it was nice to meet Colinj, Norry1 and Mr Phoebus, just a shame I didn't get to have a chat with Mr Phoebus, hope he got back OK. I got back with 64 miles in the legs.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks chaps, I enjoyed that! :thumbsup:

It was good to meet some Midland riders for a change (and also to ride flatter roads than I normally do in Yorkshire).

I had done 111 km by the time I got home which I thought was 70 miles, but I've just recalculated and it is actually 69.

I hope you got back okay Mr P? I think that you made the right decision because we did quite a lot more riding after you turned for home. Still, you should have still got about 50 miles in, I guess?

I'll PM the 3 of you about my proposed singlespeed/fixed ride from Meriden nearer the mid-October date.

Mr Phoebus

I hope you got back okay Mr P? I think that you made the right decision because we did quite a lot more riding after you turned for home. Still, you should have still got about 50 miles in, I guess?

Hi chaps

I finally made it home after two rests on some benches. I really was fatigued.

I'd managed 46 miles in total. I definitely made the right decision to abort when I did as I was really suffering by the time I was nearing home.

Bad day for me. Still, I look forward to the next ride where I should be fine.

Oh, and a big thanks to Colin for organising the ride.

Top Bottom