Middle Class Jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Continuing the current theme, no matter what your income and material possessions, do you have to have a certain type of job before you can be called middle class?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Back when i was doing my GCSE in sociology (a middle class subject, obvs!)... it was teachers, doctors and managerial types. It's probably changed now.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4481140, member: 259"]If you're middle class, you don't have a job, you have a career.[/QUOTE]
I wondered how long that would take. :smile:
I deliberated between the two, but thought I'd leave it to see if someone else would pick me up on it.

Blue

Legendary Member
If you wonder about your class you aren't what you think you are.

stalagmike

Enormous member
As 'improvements' in technology and the Tories continue to de-skill and de-value the professions there are fewer of what we might call the traditional middle class jobs around (teachers for example). But then it depends on if you define someones class by what job they do.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Class has nothing to do with employment, everything to do with breeding, education, and outlook.
but surely education and outlook has a lot to do with employment.

My brother was born as working class as i was, but his outlook and education has led on to him having a very middle class job and life. On the other hand, my sister married into a middle class life.

Top Bottom