Middle Class Jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I always thought it was based on what your parents did. So my father was working class as his father was a miner. However as my father became a career civil servant (back when it was respected as an occupation) I've always counted myself as middle class. I guess it's because of the opportunities your parents' occupation can offer you.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I remember a story where the writer was talking about some characters in his village. He noted that the lord & lady of the manor would get on like a house on fire with the chap who cut the grass and swept the streets. But there was a chap who would stride importantly about the village with a pipe and a pristine cravat stuffed into his shirt. You know the type. He would sneer and be generally unpleasant to the gardener but would desperately try to get the attention of the lord & lady. They could not stand him and would avoid him whenever possible. This chap in actual fact was no better than the gardener but believed he was on a similar level to the aristo`s.

Anyway I found it an interesting story related to class.

It's classic case of the middle classes aspiring to something that doesn't exist.

Anyone with a cervelo or colnago has to be middle class.
Anyone with a Carrera from Halford's is undoubtedly working class
Statistically, somewhere between 1 and 100% of generalisations are true....

Top Bottom