Mini roundabouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
You come to a mini roundabout. You stop at the giveway lines. Now you notice a gap in traffic so you enter the Mini roundabout.

All of a sudden, you get horned at by a driver who was no where near the Mini roundabout, yet s/he thinks they have the right of way. Do they not see the give-way lines or do they not know what those lines mean?

Or the Mini roundabout is an inconveinece to them on an otherwise perfectly straight road. The whole point of a mini roundabout being installed is that prior to installingit, no one on the main road gave way to people coming out of the side road.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
All of a sudden, you get horned at by a driver who was no where near the Mini roundabout, yet s/he thinks they have the right of way. Do they not see the give-way lines or do they not know what those lines mean?
Or do they simply not care and think there's probably no traffic police nearby and might-makes-right?

My usual reaction is to wave in case it's someone I know in a car I don't recognise ;)

Wafer

Veteran
I am extra wary at mini roundabouts, especially in the situation where they've been put in to replace T-junctions. They probably do help traffic flow better overall but I find myself paying more attention as people have a habit of not really stopping if they can avoid it... Then you get points where all 3 arms have vehicles approaching at the same time and no ones sure who will go first, lots of edging and not knowing who is doing what....
On the bike I'm more inclined to cut them more too, else I find cars think they can nip through when there isn't room/time for it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I too approach these with caution. At the best of time traffic is hard to predict on these due to half the motorists not feeling the need to go through the tiresome business of driving around them, donors harder to judge both timings and the final direction from which that car will actually approach.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Not to mention the occasional numpty who does a U-turn at a mini-roundabout and thinks that everyone else ought to be able to divine their intentions.

Top Bottom