Mobile phone insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do any companies offer good moble insurance at lower than mobile phone services providers charge? My contents insurance doesn't cover me and I've just ordered a nokia E71 on an upgrade. I didn't want to pay £6.85 three mobile were asking. I don't bother usually and go through this dilema every time I get a new phone. I've never needed it before and don't plan to this time but you never know...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I haven't bothered before, until I've just got this HTC Magic, as I'm using it's GPS tracking whilst out on the bike - dead handy, even off road.... live google maps and that - so chances are I'll break it. It's costing £10 a month though..owch.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Ghost Donkey said:
Do any companies offer good moble insurance at lower than mobile phone services providers charge? My contents insurance doesn't cover me and I've just ordered a nokia E71 on an upgrade. I didn't want to pay £6.85 three mobile were asking. I don't bother usually and go through this dilema every time I get a new phone. I've never needed it before and don't plan to this time but you never know...

What? A month?

If you speak to your bank you may be able to upgrade to a better service that includes mobile insurance. Ok, you pay a monthly fee on top of your bank account but it includes loads of stuff. Look into it.

OP
OP
G

Ghost Donkey

Cheers for the ideas:smile:.

I looked at HSBC website but couldn't find anything about mobile phone insurance. If they did it would be worth my while with the breakdown cover and travel insurance. I'll ask in my local branch next week just in case it is included in their plus account.

When I ordered my upgrade I did ask if they can do me a deal, maybe a few months free etc but they weren't having any of it. The insurance is £6.85 a month and can be cancelled at any time. The cheapest I've seen it off contract is £265. I'm paying £20 a month and getting minutes, texts and internet usage through their network all inclusive so the deal is good. The phone looks a beauty.

Top Bottom